"On The Road Again"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Sep 16, 2017.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We are pulling in the old anchor early Sunday morning and heading up to the Oregon coast to spend a few days breathing in some of that fresh ocean air. We'll be staying at a park we've never stayed at before called Winchester Bay RV resort. Located out on a jetty right in the bay itself we lucked out and got a space where we can drive into and yet still get hooked up without having to drag out the extra cable and hose, etc. The forecast is calling for a few rain showers during the time we are there but hey, that just makes the clam chowder and fish & chips taste all that much mo betta. A jug or three of the old grape and some oversized flex straws and we be living the good life. Will make sure to do a review of this park when we return and if by chance any of you good folks might just happen to be there the first few days of next week, be sure to take a stroll out near the end of the jetty on the marina side and look for the coach with the "RVPR- BankShot" plaques adorning both the front and rear. We'll share our wine but you'll need to bring your own straws as we don't share straws................. :p

More when we get back, BankShot..................(aka Terry)

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Winchester looks like a nice park in the Google sat view. Enjoy! It does appear though, that most of the sites are pull-thru or pull-in facing the marina side, including the back in row on the river side. Apparently that row is intended for TT's with a view out the back? In any event, I don't think we'll be making the 3,000 mile drive from Vermont to check it out and share a beverage with you. Sorry! :(

3. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Winchester Bay RV Resort is a great park. Have been there frequently over the years and still one of my favourites. Usually I dip my chips in ketchup, but maybe I'll try some wine instead next time:D. Have a good one.

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Sort of on topic.....but what the H. Try dipping your Chips (Fries) in Mayonnaise or Tartar sauce. I know. it sounds weird but it quite popular in my neck of the woods. And anything goes good with good wine!

Darrell

5. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have and the tartar sauce is good with chips.:D

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

This RV resort is a resort and justifiably so. We thoroughly enjoyed our short 3 day stay and tried to get two more days but the place was booked solid. But we did book for next year and got another waterfront site so back we are definitely going. We ate at a couple of cafes while there and both were excellent. The fish is as fresh as it gets. And in response to both BC Wanderer and Onemoretrail, we do enjoy the tarter sauce and I personally like 1000 Island dressing with my fries/chips....... :D As I mentioned in my review we have put this RV resort at the top of our list of favorites and I'm pretty sure that anyone reading this post who has been there will agree that it really is a wonderful place to toss out the anchor. That is of course if you are fortunate enough to be able to get in when you want to go there............

FosterImposters likes this.