Florida Lot Rentals

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Christy43, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Christy43

Christy43
    Expand Collapse

My husband will be retiring within the next year and we plan on becoming full-time RV snowbirds, traveling to Florida. I have been searching all the RV sites and the rent is unbelievable. I really cannot understand this $700 and $800 lot rent. Can anybody give me some ideas of some nice lower priced lot rentals?

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Pricing depends on which part of FL the park is in as well as the amenities offered. In general, northern FL is typically lower priced than southern FL, with central FL striking a balance between the two, and coastal areas always higher than inland. A lot depends on what you want in a park and where. We spend about 3 months in FL in the winter, with our longest stay about 1 month at an Escapees RV Club owned park near Bushnell, FL that charges members $340/mo plus metered electric for full hookup sites. They have regular activities there, but no cable and WiFi only in the office, so we supply our own services for both of those. The balance of our stay is spread among a number of state and federal parks, ranging from just below the GA line to the Everglades. We try to mix up favorite return visit parks and new to us parks each year, usually coming away with one or two new additions to our future return visit list each year. The bottom line is that Florida does not have to expensive for winter visitors, but the more features you want, the more you'll need to pay. Ocean front sites anywhere south of I-4 on either coast are in high demand, and the rates reflect that. On the other hand, we'll be on a very nice site in northern FL for a week with a nice view of the Atlantic out our front window at just $26/night. ;)

3. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Give consideration to other parts of the US for snowbirding too. Arizona and Texas both have a warm climate in the winter and are much less expensive.

#3 Hutch333id, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  4. Truthsayer

Truthsayer
    Expand Collapse

It's outrageous because everyone wants to come down here. Higher demand=higher price. You create the market.

5. Christy43

Christy43
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the replies. We don't "join" a lot of things and if we get within 1/2 of a beach, we don't even need a pool. We winter 2 weeks a year in the Tampa/St. Petersburg beach area and rarely use the swimming pools:) Again, thanks for all of your responses.