Need current reviews

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Kalishandra, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Kalishandra

Kalishandra
    Expand Collapse

So many of the reviews are just too old to be dependable. I'd rather have no review than one that is 5 years or more old.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Our reviews are submitted by our users. There is no way for us to ensure that someone will visit any particular park in any given year. We have posted thousands of new reviews this year; I'm sorry that they haven't been for the parks you are interested in.

Although you may disagree, many of our readers have indicated that they would prefer an old review to none at all.

Joel (AKA docj)

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi Kalishandra.

I would think part of the draw of RVPR is it's large review data base. I would think this would have some importance with new members or viewers first getting on board.

Now this said some of the very popular well known destination type campgrounds may have 300+ reviews going back 15 yrs and yeah with that amount of volume there is probably only a need to go back a few yrs worth of reviews but that is up to the viewer.

Some of the things you may want to consider, many of the members have many years online, hundreds upon hundreds of reviews posted and have vested a great deal of personal time doing data entry on this site and I would think this site wants to be as respectful as possible to those efforts.

Now here is a example of a campground with two reviews almost ten years apart and the overall tone of the two reviews have not changed. The first review is mine :) https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/west-virginia/new-manchester/tomlinson-run-state-park-7602

Mike

#3 mdcamping, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I agree, please keep the older reviews. These are useful for the parks that get a limited number of reviews, or only 1-2 reviews in the history of the site.

mdcamping likes this.
  5. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I too, like a deep data base. Information, even if it is old, is still just that. Information.

We are now going to try to stay away from urban areas as much as we can. Some of the places we are looking into have very few, and / or older, reviews so even if the info is ten, or more, years old, they do give us some insight.

Darrell

mdcamping likes this.