Power Converter,

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Skymessenger, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

My converter is not putting out but 12.1 instead of 13.7. Is this something I need to be concerned about?

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'm not sure on what the exact output voltage should be but could the battery be dragging down the voltage from 13.7 to 12.1? Try checking voltage without battery connected.

Mike

3. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Mike for your suggestion. I will check the voltage without the battery in the next few days.

4. duane44

duane44
    Expand Collapse

Check your wire as well if they are degraded and causing some resistance to the voltage.

5. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

Let me give you an update on my issue on the converter. I did buy and put in a new converter. There is something that continue to drain my battery dead. I am lost in know what to do now. I done everything I know to do with my knowledge (Which isn't much knowledge). I thought about taking it in somewhere but I am not sure where would be the best place. Does anyone else have any other suggestion on how I can find what is causing my battery drain. Thanks for your help!

6. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

Duane, how is the best to check the wires to see if they are degraded?

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Highly unlikely that bare insulated wire can create resistance but connections can. Check Battery connections to make sure they are clean and tight. Also check the connections at the battery fuse block. Check connections where the wiring from the battery interlocks with the converter, if you haven't allready done so.

Is the battery relatively new? 5 yrs is the rule of thumb on life expectency. See if battery can take charge from seperate source.

I'm guessing this is a new problem? could it be one of your DC loads. If you haven't already checked cycle the heat, make sure it working correctly.

Hope this helps,
    Mike

8. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

Yes Mike the battery is completely new. I've check everything I know to check. Thank you for your suggestions. I will go back and check the things you brought up. I will keep you posted. Have a blessed 2018.