Tough winter here on the east coast

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by mdcamping, Jan 7, 2018.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I think the high has only hit 20 degrees maybe two or three times the past 3 weeks. I have seen temps like this before but never so long and consistant.

Looking outside and seeing my TT buried in snow in what looks like a frozen tundra, Can't help but wonder how my rv antifreeze is holding out...

Some small good news though. I have few trees to break this awful wind we have been getting, so the trailer roof is clean.

First camping trip is in April, can't come quick enough.

Mike

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hang in there Mike. We've been watching the news out here and seen some of the pictures of what's going on in your neck of the woods and it must be pretty rough riding cold like that out for such an extended period of time. Us thin blooded Californians haven't a clue as to what real cold is like unless of course we drive up to Truckee when the temp is way down below zero. And then we only stick around a few minutes, only to turn around and head back down the hill to our warmer climate. Do you cover the TT with anything when it snows like that or do you just let it be and hope nothing gets inside, etc.? Stay warm and keep those hot toddys close at hand...............

Regards, Terry..............(aka BankShot)

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

It should be getting warmer, Mike. It looks like the deep cold spell is ending, at least for now. We left upstate NY yesterday morning at -6 deg. F, and this morning near Oneonta, NY it's 24 deg. F at our site. It looks like we won't see temps above freezing both day and night until we get to the I81 - I77 junction in VA though. We take a two night break there before heading down the hill towards Charlotte, NC, and we're looking forward to putting away the winter coats.

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

This our first winter away from the cold and I can attest that Yuma Az. is nice and warm......okay during the heat of the day, a little too warm to be very active. Come on down! There's lots of room here.

I'm sorry that some of you folks out there are stuck in the cold. Been there so I hope you get an early spring.

Darrell & Jerry

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Crazy weather! After almost of week of sub-zero temps at our cottage, the weather guessers are saying the area will see temps near 50 deg. F at the end of the week. By then we should be seeing close to 70 in southern GA though.

6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry I keep a Adco cover on the trailer, gives me some protection from the elements.

I guess this weather is all pay back because we had no Fall up here in New England. So glad that this cold snap is ending, been working lots of weather related OT...

Had to take the snow shovel to the house roof today as dutch said, friday we supose to have a melt off. Don't want the risk of a roof leak.

Mike

BankShot and Jason Goodwin like this.
  7. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

You reckon you're thin blooded Terry......The only time I go into a place thats below 20 degrees (In your money) is when I go to the local bottelo for a carton of beer.....for the 2 minutes I am in there I look for a sled team and an artic jacket...... But stay safe Mike looks like you lot are getting shafted with weather at the moment......GO PATS!

BankShot likes this.