Most reviewed campground

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Medic73, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Medic73

Medic73
    Expand Collapse

RV Park Reviews has - 16K campgrounds and 320K reviews SO the average cg has 20 reviews.

I am sure many cg's - have 1 or 2 that means that some where here has 100's+.

How do I find it..... just curious?

thx

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

3. Medic73

Medic73
    Expand Collapse

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Stayed here many times and never does this place disappoint. There may be more fancier "resorts" around the country with lavish sites and amenities, etc. but Seven Feathers has got to be one of the best and nicest all around RV parks/resorts in the country IOHO. Yours of course may differ but that's why there's a park somewhere for everybody............... :)

BankShot.................(aka Terry)

Paythebill, Medic73 and Rollin Ollens like this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/maryland/college-park/cherry-hill-park-1328

Almost 500 reviews at Cherry Hill Park, DC

This one had it's own post office https://www.campgroundreviews.com/r...rtle-beach/ocean-lakes-family-campground-2542 Ocean lakes SC

thinking of another one...
    https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/virginia/williamsburg/american-heritage-rv-park-3100
    American Heritage, VA This was a place that had their act together... from check in to check out everything was perfect

Mike

#5 mdcamping, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Another one we've stayed at numerous times is Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield,CA.....405 reviews and climbing. A very popular park that allows you to pick fresh oranges off the trees and starts your day off in the morning with a hot cup of coffee and as many fresh delicious donuts as you can carry out on a plate. Sorry, no bags allowed........:(

Bankshot............(aka Donutman Terry)

Medic73 and Paythebill like this.
  7. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

First one I thought of was Disney's Fort Wilderness, but looks like Cherry Hill still has them beat out as they come in at 460 reviews.

Medic73 likes this.
  8. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Checking out Yellowstone for a friend and came across Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park. It comes in at 552. Very highly rated and also pretty expensive.

Yellowstone is a very popular National Park so I though I would have a look at some other popular destinations. Yosemite, Grand Canyon and a few others. I just did a quick overview but there doesn't seem to be any RV Parks near these locations that even come close to the 500 mark.

I wonder if Yellowstone Grizzly promotes reviews.

Darrell

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We happen to have a reservation there for this coming August. It comes to $82/night including all taxes and fees for the most expensive pull-though full-hookup site. Although this isn't cheap, IMHO it isn't out of line with "destination resort" prices throughout the country. I've seen run-of-the-mill KOA's advertising their "patio sites" priced higher than this.

10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

When it comes to lofty prices check out Malibu Beach RV Park in CA. Prices there can run upwards of $125 a night and all it's really got going for itself is a great ocean view from where it's perched on a bluff overlooking the Pacific. We've stayed at parks much nicer and with a lot more amenities for one third the price. A couple of "motorcoach resorts" scattered across the country are also in that price range and higher. BTW it shows 120 reviews in case anyone is interested......... :D

BankShot................(aka Terry)

11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Hey Joel; We have never stayed at Yellowstone Grizzly. Viewing the reviews we doubt if you will be disappointed. There were very few dissatisfied campers. That, to us, means that the cost was worth the stay.

We have been to Yellowstone a number of times but we stayed inside the park and the last time was a number of years ago when we still had children with us. We found that Madison worked for us. No services and it was NOT Big Rig Friendly. I think if we were to go back now, Madison would be not be an option. We would definitely be looking for a lot more creature friendly park and, for Yellowstone during the peak, $82.00 is not out of line. I can't comment on KOA prices. I have not stayed in one for years. They are children friendly and I am more into peace and quiet.

If this is to be your first trip to Yellowstone you will be thrilled I'm sure. If this is not, the second third and fourth times we went were still amazing. There is so much to see and do there. We found that we liked the fall best. Beautiful colors but darned cold at night.

Darrell & Jerry

12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We've been to Yellowstone once before. This trip was designed to meet up with a son and his family who are flying into Jackson Hole. I love taking pictures of animals; I have a new zoom lens and am confident I'll have fun.

This photo is my all time favorite. It was taken at Grand Teton NP rather than Yellowstone. My wife maintains I was far too close to the bear; I say that I have a very long lens.

10452954_10152660600773409_5486287744553216440_o.jpg

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  13. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

bear-warning-sign[1].jpg
    LOL! A telephoto lens does come in handy. Your comment about being too close reminds me of a scenario I watched the last time we were in Yellowstone.

There are a lot of people that are unfamiliar with wild animals. I mentioned that we liked Yellowstone best in the fall. The fall is also rutting season for many animals. There was a Bull Elk rounding up his harem in the campground and I couldn't believe how many people were running up to this big animal to get a picture. It didn't take Mr. Ranger sir long to use a megaphone to get those people away though. I also heard some people grumbling that "Deer" weren't dangerous. They could not tell the difference between a deer and an elk. And they were wrong anyway. Deer can be dangerous too.

Enjoy your photo shoot and watch out for Griz. Black bears are not too bad but you can never be too far away from a Griz!!

Darrell

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Sometimes you don't have to go anywhere to get too close to animals. This bull elk got a bit too close for comfort while we camped at Trailer Village in Grand Canyon NP.

elk 1 (2014_02_08 04_33_41 UTC).jpg

Rollin Ollens and Paythebill like this.
  15. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

OMG! Darrell You got me on that sign... I laughed until I cried.....:D

16. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

I think you got a bargain there Doc. I just booked at Cedar Point and was astonished at the pricing, $139 a night at the end of August. I went for the new premium sites they added this year since they were not much more than the regular sites. It is sometimes the price you have to pay to be situated right where you want to be.

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  17. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Right! We stayed at Cedar Point a couple of times and nothing beats being literally being in the park.

mdcamping likes this.
  18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

That's why I pictured it. I laughed pretty hard when I first saw it too. It is a real sign posted at Fort Steele in South Central BC. That area is not Griz country though. Just lots of Black Bears.

Paythebill and docj like this.
  19. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

$139 per night at Cedar Point, yikes! I checked my review from 11 yrs ago, was at $80 expensive then but worth it. I would still return regardless of the price. I remember Mean Streak right behind our site... named appropriately, the most painfull amusement ride I have ever been on.

Mike

docj likes this.