" It Be Time To Travel "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jul 22, 2018.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Just a couple of days away from pulling in the old anchor and heading off north to Winchester Bay, Oregon to breathe in some fresh ocean air after going thru several weeks of hot, dry and sometimes smokey air where we live. Been out of commission for longer than we anticipated due to the coach being at CW for over 2 months trying to find a compatible in dash monitor for our rear/side camera system. We had planned on a trip during May but it never did happen so now we are even more eager than ever to get out there and do what RVers' do best, enjoy the outdoors and Mother Nature. Got the gallon jugs of Margaritas and Bloody Marys all prepared and ready to pop open, as well as a few bottles of wine to get us thru those terrible Oregon ocean nights........:p Yeah, I know, we got it rough but as the old saying goes, "When the going gets tough, have another glass of whatever it is we are drinking at the time, and smile"...........:D

If by chance any of you fellow RVers happen to be at Winchester Bay between 7-28 and 8-5, we can be found in Space 101. You can't miss us, we will be the two folks with our big outdoor 5,000 watt boombox playing some Slim Whitman tunes for the park to enjoy all day and way into the evening hours........:rolleyes: Stop by and we'll turn it down a few db's so we can talk a tad....................

BankShot................(aka Terry)

NYDutch and Rollin Ollens like this.
  2. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Wow! You finally get to go! I'm glad. It's been a long time coming. Somehow I envisioned you not as a Slim Whitman fan but a Roger Whittaker or maybe even Led Zeplin. Ya....I think Led Zeplin. :)

Anyway, have a good time. Drive safe..........and post a review!!!

Darrell & Jerry

BankShot and NYDutch like this.
  3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Great! I'll stop in with my Zamfir pan flute albums! :D

BankShot likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Actually my very favortist singer of all time was Larry Hooper on the Lawrence Welk Show. He could sing lower than my stereo subwoofer could play down to..........:D Yep Darrell, we be real anxious to get out on the road again. At times I envy you and Jerry and the miles you log in each year as full timers. Stay safe and be well.................

Terry..............(aka BankShot)

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    You do that Dutch and I'll pop open a couple of jugs of our fresh made Loegunsputin and we'll all dance till dawn. Or till the local sheriff comes to take us to jail..............:D

All the best, Terry.............(aka BankShot)

NYDutch likes this.
  6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Have a safe trip and enjoy...;) boombox????:rolleyes:

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I can almost hear those Slim Whitman tunes now! ;) Terry glad your back on the road. I hope you have a great trip and hoping the weather corporates for the both of us as saturday we leave for VT and then to Quebec City :cool:

Mike

BankShot likes this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Mike - Nothing like good ole Slim singing his tunes thru a giant boombox while sitting at the ocean sipping Loegensputin from a frosty mug..........:D Hope your trip to VT and QC is also a memorable one, that all goes smoothly with the RV and at the places you toss the anchor out to stay. Be well, and travel safe..................

Terry................(aka BankShot)