RVPR Newsletter - read all about it

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Aug 13, 2018.

1. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Email notifications of forum threads are under the Receive email when a new conversation message is received box under your forum account & notifying when your reviews get posted are under the I'd like to receive notifications box under your reviews account.

Did you check to see if your Receive site mailings box is checkmarked as I indicated in my post #13

Lori-

2. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Janet,
    I am also experiencing the same problem. I get everything else, but did not get the news letter.
    I did check my spam folder and it was not there. Did I delete it by mistake? I did check the deleted file, and again not there. I know, it went to the bottom of Bankshots bird cage......:confused:

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

yes all 3 message preferences are checked.

Recently we just got back from a 2 week vacation which DW phone crashed, so we were having some IT issues which included our email, so maybe that had something to do with it.

4. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I noticed the I'd like to receive news & information about RV Park Reviews box is not checkmarked on your profile. Maybe that's another box that needs checkmarked.

Lori-

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Is there a chance you could post a copy of the newsletter somewhere here on the site, so those of us who did not see issue 1 can look it over?

Chris g.

mdcamping likes this.
  6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

mdcamping likes this.
  7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Like the artical on the VW van camprers, My parents owned one of those with the full tent attachment. As a young kid remember sleeping in the upper roof bunk...coolest thing in the world! :cool:

Mike

BankShot, Paythebill and NYDutch like this.
  8. lily123

lily123
    Expand Collapse

I'll check to see if I get any mail

9. Monica998

Monica998
    Expand Collapse

Just now I reviewed the RVPR Newsletter, it looks great!

10. ubstall

ubstall
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I got one either, too. Where can I subscribe the newsletter?

11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Sorry it has taken me a while to reply. It has been busy around here. We are staying near my old stomping grounds so a lot of old friends are stopping by. In my absents, I see our on-line name has changed from RollinOllens to RollinOwens. :)

Okay Terry, Ya got me on the BOTWAWOL. I know you are a fan of good wine, so I was going to guess it had to go something like ......Bottle Of The Wine blah blah blah but you had to build it from a recipe. I am stumped. I am waiting and I may just want that recipe.

In my much younger days, I used to frequent a place that let the odd "under-aged" person sip a few suds. Above the bar was a big piece of wood that had carved into it the letters" I I T Y W Y B M A B". I was one of the poor suckers that asked what it meant. If I Tell You Will You Buy Me A Beer. A good number of us said yes, I will buy you a beer but you have to tell me what it means. I suspect yours might be something along this line.

BankShot likes this.
  12. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    To my "Park & Ride friend Ron.....(aka Rollin Ollens") I be so sorry about renaming you. It was a slight slip of the old blind eye and somehow Owens just got typed. I know who you are, really I do so I hope you have forgiven me on that one..........:oops: As for the BOTWAWOL it's not near as neat as what was posted above that bar. It's just a a simple Bottle Of Tecate With A Wedge Of Lime. Surely you know what a bottle of Tecate is Ron. To me it's mo betta than Corona when sipped from a bottle instead of a rusty old can.............. :D

When do you plan to scrap the moss off and get moving again, and in what direction....???

All the best and safe travels, Terry..............(aka BrainLapse)

13. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

All I can say Terry is whether is a bottle of Tecate, Sol, X-ice, Bud or Kokanee, so long as it's cold and wet on a warm day, it's all good to me. I'm not all that fussy anymore. I have been known to answer to "Hey You" and a few other names too. I am not easily offended!! :) As far as direction of travel, we are thinking that we will hit the eastern part of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico and then West Texas this winter. I have a "hankerin" for some good BBQ and some Texas Chilli. But nothing has been chiselled in stone yet. We don't expect to leave Canada until mid October or early November depending on the weather. We just don't want to see any snow.

It has been great to visit my old stomping grounds this summer though. The scenery here is spectacular but I am getting anxious to move on.

We are always looking forward to meeting any other users of RVPR during our travels. If we are heading your direction let us know. I would be proud to shake your hand and share a bevy or two.

Darrell

14. Monica998

Monica998
    Expand Collapse

Received the newsletter this morning, but cannot open properly through the 3 steps of hints, it still cannot work.