2024 trip plans

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Fitzjohnfan, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Jason,
    I have an idea on how you may be able to gain access to the Naval Air Museum. It's a long shot, but in my opinion worth a shot. I would send an email to the police chief of Pensacola (Eric Randell) explaining your intent to visit the Museum and the dilemma you are experiencing. An off duty deputy may be more than happy to help out a down under brother.
    https://www.cityofpensacola.com/733/Pensacola-Police-Department

You could also try to email our state senator Rick Scott (pass Governor of Florida)
    Google U.S. Senator Rick Scott

#21 Paythebill, Jan 25, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    The5goodwins, mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  2. Scubadude62

Scubadude62
    Expand Collapse

Both my wife (who is not a plane fan) and I, (who is), loved the National Museum of the Air Force in Dayton. We've been there twice, for over 5 hours each time, and the last time my wife only got halfway through the museum - there was so much to see on the walls and other non-aircraft exhibits. Well worth the $0 entry fee!

The Wright brothers place was OK, but nowhere near as engrossing, for us, as the Air Force museum.

The Worlds of Fun Village campground is our go-to overnight stop in the KC area. I also highly recommend the National WWI museum.

The5goodwins and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

thanks for the comments! i didnt know there was a campgroud at Worlds of Fun. I'll have to check it out.

Yes, we're really looking forward to a visit to the Air Force Museum!

The5goodwins likes this.