Photos of RV parks

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by weighit, Feb 25, 2024.

1. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Here I am sitting on the computer searching for next winters array of rv parks that might fit the bill for us to stay in. We do this just about every spring doing the hunt for where to winter. So looking at the RV Park reviews that I use always, I look at the review members post and what do we see? Their dog with hats, the canoe they lug around with them, a loaded picnic table with some food. People we will never know holding drinks. How about the photos many of us really need and want, the rv site. How wide is it compared to the neighbor, is it grass or paved, is the power post in a useful location, Are trees overhanging the site, is the road torn up and dusty, how it looks means more to me than the clubhouse dining seating taken when empty.
    Just a point of view from a rv'er trying to find a nice rv park.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I am in total agreement with you weighit on this subject and have come close myself to posting about this very thing. An entrance sign, a picture of a table set with food and drink, and the other things you mentioned are of little interest to those wanting to see pics of what the place and sites look like and not their dog or a pair of legs and bare feet in a lounge chair by the side door of their RV. Thanks for saving me the time to post what you just did. Does ya thunk the folks that post stuff like that will even read what we've just posted? I'd be willing to you they won't and if the did they would care less and just think we are weird....:rolleyes: Happy and safe travels on your next trip. Hope you have good roads and excellent weather......:D

Regards, BankShot......(aka Terry)

mdcamping and Paythebill like this.
  3. weighit

weighit
    Expand Collapse

Hi Terry, and yes, I have thought of this complaint for a while and just lived with it, But for the past few days we have thought of Florida for next winter, we have only wintered there once 22 years ago, now always in the west or Texas. So trying to see what others are saying good or bad and seeing the useless photos finally got to me. Will muttle through and find somewhere that fits our needs. Thanks for replying.

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

This site has site photos for many parks, both private and public. No subscription is needed to see a basic photo of each site.

https://www.campsitephotos.com/

5. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My personal favorite pictures are "Heart warming tree rats munching on acorns" :confused:

BankShot and mdcamping like this.
  6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

A photo or two of the streets help too.

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'm probably guilty of posting a few of those useless photos LOL :D but I do manage to put them in the correct categories. :cool: I would guess the photo option helps promote membership and community even with some of its drawbacks.

This is a good thread because hopefully some members might read this and maybe will add more usefull type photos...and yes me also! :D :p

Mike

BankShot, weighit and Paythebill like this.
  8. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Back when I RV'd/submitted reviews, I always tried to upload pics of sites, down rows where spacing would be seen, bathrooms as well as other general around-the-park pictures. Those were things I wanted to see in reviews so they were what I put in mine.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.