Fuel warnings on round trip

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by Azdorfmans, Mar 27, 2024.

1. Azdorfmans

Azdorfmans
    Expand Collapse

Hello All,

In our planned trip, the trip home will overlay the original route in some places. It appears that the planned fuel warnings for both directions show up at the same on the map making it confusing to know which is the current warning. Is there a way to identify the warnings or remove the return trip warnings? Thanks!

LSUMAN likes this.
  2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

In order to respond to your question I am going to first ask you a few.............

1. What trip to and from are you taking about?
    2. What map are you using that gives these fuel warnings?
    3. What are these "fuel warnings" you asking about?

In all our years of RVing I have never heard of fuel warnings other than the few times my fuel gauge showed us that we had better start looking for a fueling station. I am not trying to be sarcastic here and perhaps I am just to "old school"and haven't keep up to speed on what you call fuel warnings. Perhaps a few of the members will know what it is you are posting about and will be able to provide you with the answers you are looking for, and I will learn something here. I may be an old dog but I can still learn some new tricks along our travels. Welcome to the forum and be sure to post reviews of where you stay and travel to...........:D

Regards, BankShot......(aka Terrry

Paythebill likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I assume you are referring to the RVLife app RV Trip Wizard. I do use the app for trip planning, and have set my fuel warnings to when i get down to 20 gallons. I just planned a trip from Denver to Sandusky OH and back for May. The app never seems to alert me as to needing fuel, it just adds up the estimated amount used and gives me a total cost per day.

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Fitz for "learning" me something about this. Never have used Trip Wizard or any of the other travel apps and have simply used maps and Google Earth when planning and routing our trips. As stated I be an old school guy who actually has fun doing so as does my co-pilot. Anyway, didn't mean to be offensive in my first post and hope the OP will not take it that way. Heck we don't even have a GPS device on board and so far have made it to our destinations and back w/o getting lost once. I will now go to the kitchen and grab a nice big slice of humble pie.............:(

BankShot........(aka Terry)

Paythebill and Fitzjohnfan like this.
  5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Banks, we are "old school" too. when planning a tripwe first bring out our large Rand McNally paper maps, and we start planning our route. i also circle all the places i can get National Park stsmps and see which ones are feasable along our route. from that, the wife starts writing a rough itinerrary, and we start putting together 300 mile "legs" into the trip.
    Only after all this work, do i start playing with RV Trip wizard and seeing if it routes us any differently than we planned. if that happens,there might be a low bridge in the way, or something else. Its a good checks and balances.

for the op, check out this forum on IRV2 that has great support for RV Trip Wizard:
    https://www.irv2.com/forums/f287/

BankShot likes this.
  6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for contacting us, and you have a very good question. I also assume you are referring to a trip you have planned using our RV LIFE Trip Wizard routing program. If that is correct, then you can send your question to that Support Desk at

https://tripwizard.rvlife.com/contact

And if you need further assistance, please let us know.

Paythebill likes this.
  7. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

I asked this question to tech support a few months ago and they said they have not found a way to show what direction the warning is in yet.