Rvlife app campground history missing

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Joseph_117, Apr 6, 2024.

1. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

Am I the only one using the App to see my campground history disappearing on the app?
    Few months ago it got reduced back to Sept '24, now that's missing and it only goes back till November. Tech support has been no help and some don't know what Campground History was.

2. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

hmmm, i chrcked both this website and the app, and i have the same # of "RV Parks visited" on both, which seems consistant to the amount i had a few months ago. could you post a screenshot of your park history? it might show something useful. here is a shot of mine:

Attached Files:

3. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

Hi, thanks for responding.
    You are showing me the website, and that show your reviews etc.

I'm asking about the App and the campground history (just the check ins) The campground history is on the last tab.

I can not find history on the website either. If ya know where that is I'd be greatful to know but I only see reviewed campsites on my website page.

Thanks again

Attached Files:

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I have asked a higher admin to look into this.

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I did some more digging, and found the "campground history" feature you're talking about. It looks like I've never used that feature since i don't have any campgrounds saved. I'm always willing to learn something new, so could you tell me how you use this feature?

6. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

How I understand it is suppose to work, (since its being erased who knows at this point ) when ya arrive at a campsite that is in RV life database (map) the location service knows you are there and asks you to check in. It will also ask you to do a speed test, make a review and/or add photos. It looks like you do the review part often? Once checked in, the campsite shows on your campsite history tab.

If ya do a review etc it shows on your profile. (Screenshot you sent me) I currently only have 2 reviews so my profile only shows 2 states. The history though was all the campsites I had checked into since the start of our travels last February.

You can also make your own personal lists of campsites like favorites or whatever you want to name it.

It was a very nice feature, easily scrolling through where ya been on one page. Sadly it's all disappearing. If there is no service at your campsite ya can't check in so that sucks. I requested tech support to fix that but hasn't been done yet. The list can be edited now (new update) but it only allows you to delete campsites from what I've seen. (Again maybe user error on my part).

7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

ok, thanks for the detailed explaination! I guess i am a victim of being old school. I generally don't do a review until i'm at the next campsite, and somtimes not until we get home. That's why i have all the reviews Ive done over the years.

The history feature sounds cool. having it all work automatically would be nice. I've encountered it a few times where it promps me to do a speed test while im in a park, but never to check into a campground, but maybe this is because i almost never use the app.

Sorry i dont have a solution for the history dissappering, but hopefully the admins/tech support will get back to you. As a workaround,keep putting in reviews, as they seem to stay in your profile for ever.

good luck,
    chris g

8. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I did some digging and believe I know what's going on. Currently, the app only displays a limited favorites list, while CGR has the full list. The app also displays check-in info - again in a limited view. The underlying data is all the same, but the app doesn't display all. You should see a change to the app display in the coming season - the update is in progress.

9. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

So where do I find my complete check in list right now? Im not sure what CGR stands for but it will prob come to me as soon as I hit send.

Thanks.

10. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You can find your full favorites list here at CGR (Campground Reviews) from the dropdown menu under your profile. Your check-ins don't currently display here but will (again later this year)

We've recently had substantial updates to your profile display and all this data will be available as this project is completed.

Regarding the name CGR -I'm old. The site has had several name changes over the years (under the same ownership). RV Park Reviews, Campground Reviews, and now RV LIFE Campgrounds. ;)

11. Joseph_117

Joseph_117
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for the answer. Hopefully my check-ins all come back with the update .