"And the 'Newbie" List Continues to Grow!!! "

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Mar 1, 2018.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I have been watching the numbers of "new members" totals growing in leaps and bounds this past year. Whether this is a normal thing to happen I don't know but I for one can remember back to when the members total was somewhere around 117,000 or thereabouts. And that seems like it was only about a year or so ago, at least to me. I think this growth is great as it shows that interest in RVs growing and this forum and website is attracting new folks who are wanting to be part of this RV community. I hope many of them begin posting not only the forum but also posting reviews of the parks and campgrounds they stay at. This is a great site and a really great forum to take part in. Huge amounts of information and friendly advice when needed and also a lot of fun for those of us who like to "kibitz" around a tad on rare occasions.........:D

On behalf of this old guy out in California I welcome all the "newbies" and hope to be "kibitzing" with them shortly........... :rolleyes:

All the best, BankShot...............(aka Terry)

NYDutch likes this.
  2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Here's a few more statistics for you. In 2016, 16,896 new members joined. In 2017, 17,717 new members joined. So far in 2018, 1581 new members have joined. If those numbers continue, we will have almost 19,000 new members this year. Looks like the interest in RVing is on the upswing.

Rollin Ollens and NYDutch like this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'd be curious to know on where the demographics of our new members coming in, I would hope it would be spread evenly among all age groups.

Mike

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I am not aware that we collect that information, but maybe another admin knows if we do.

5. leaf peeper

leaf peeper
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I think what also helps is there's a link to RVPR's on the details page of parks on RVTW. That's a recent addition & will drive more people here who will, hopefully, become members.

Lori-

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I have noticed that a few RV Parks have posted signs are asking patrons to send a review. When I review a park I also check to find out of it has been "owned". If it has not I send an e-mail asking the owners to check it out. Great FREE advertising for the park and lets other campers know of this site.