Anyone Put New Front Seats In Their Class B Van?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by imagardener, Dec 7, 2011.

1. imagardener

imagardener
    Expand Collapse

Our Roadtrek van is only 4 years old but next year is (another) long trip from FL to UT and WY and we'd like more comfy seats than the nice but un-comfy truck seats that came with the van.

I've located the nearest Flexsteel dealer 150 miles away who has done this for others but there are 3 styles of seats and there's no way to try them out or sit in any of them except maybe at an RV show which we plan to attend in January. There "might" be one seat there if they have room.
    Because of our van size we need a Class C seat (Flexsteel makes Class A and Class C).

Main question: is it worth the money? $1200 to $2000 plus install cost for 2 seats depending on the material. Current material is suede-like and very nice and since we live in Florida we're leaning toward that or fabric rather than vinyl/leather/leather-like because it's warm (hot?) here and most of our traveling is in warm-hot months.

Thanks for suggestions.
    P.S. I checked out Craigslist and ebay and nothing good there offered.

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

We have three Flexsteel seats in our class A. We have been in hot and cold weather. Never found any problems with them. They work and set well. You can drive a long way and at the end of the day no problem with bottom sores. The ride is better than a car seat. The Tampa RV show will be in Jan. and Flexsteel will have a display like in past years. :)

3. imagardener

imagardener
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Dec 7 2011, 02:52 PM) [snapback]28371[/snapback]

We have three Flexsteel seats in our class A. We have been in hot and cold weather. Never found any problems with them. They work and set well. You can drive a long way and at the end of the day no problem with bottom sores. The ride is better than a car seat. The Tampa RV show will be in Jan. and Flexsteel will have a display like in past years. :)

Oh boy I didn't know Flexsteel would have a display at the Tampa show. I just talked to the Pompano FL installer who might bring a Class B seat to their booth. Knowing the manufacturer will be there makes my day!

I'm not questioning Flexsteels quality, just that there are 3 seats to choose from and the dealer says there are big differences, such as one has a lumbar that some people don't care for but maybe I'd like it, another has more of a bucket fit. We can't tell unless we sit in each one.

Do you have ultraleather or fabric on your seats?

Thanks for your earlier reply.

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

All three seats are cream color ultraleather. One plan would be to travel over to Lazy Days and find a class A with Flexsteel seats and check them out. They cost lots of dollars but will last forever. If anything goes wrong Flexsteel people will fix it at no cost. The two front seats we have are six way power and look the same as the first day of use. You can drive a long way with his seat and feel no problems from them. Check out the website below as well. Seat should come with seat belts as well for RV use and do not buy they if they are missing. Seat is bolts down to a large steel plate that turns and that plate is bolted down to floor with four large bolts.

http://www.flexsteel.com/

This web page has seats to look at.

http://www.flexsteel.com/assets/2011/5/6/f...torhome2011.pdf

5. imagardener

imagardener
    Expand Collapse

I just got a reply from Flexsteel and they won't be at Tampa RV show. 2 of their dealers will so I just hope someone brings Class C seats (we can't use Class A).

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

If you have time stop by Lazy Days and look at the seats. The ones I was talked about in class A are only to see how they are made and how well they feel to you. They have lots of class C units as well but not a lot will have Flexsteel seats. Ask the sales people, they are very helpful. Remember Camping World is next door to Lazy Days and I saw the class C seats on the display floor in past years. Hope this will help. :)