Boca Raton?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by busyteach, Sep 14, 2005.

1. busyteach

busyteach
    Expand Collapse

My daughter is soon moving to Baca Raton, Florida. When we go down to visit in our RV, we'd like a nice place to stay while there. Any suggestions?

2. Floridafamily

Floridafamily
    Expand Collapse

Broward County has several camp grounds for RVs, but I don't recall anything near Boca. Besides, I hear they're full of FEMA trailers for displaced families...either way, you can check out it out at Broward County Website. In Palm Beach County, they have a camp ground named John Price Park. I've never been there, but I'll be taking the kids there this weekend for some camping. It's on a lake, and I'll let you know how it goes. Outside of West Palm Beach there's a KOA at Lion Country Safari. We've stayed there and had a great time. We've got two little kids and they love the pool and hearing the lions roar (on the other side of the fence!). There are other options listed in the RV Park Review area of this website. Best wishes!

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Boca Raton is very close to Lake Worth. You will find the John Prince Park Campground is on a large lake. They have 265 sites but some sites now have house trailers (government) to hold people who had damage due to last storm so that will take up some sites. I think I wrote up this campground years ago so you can look at report on this site. I think you would like it. Note some sites had sewer and some do not. Sites are on 30 amps and you can stay !4 days.

4. busyteach

busyteach
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the info on camping near Boca. Actually, we went down to visit over Xmas and ended up parking our RoadTrek in the lot of my daughter's apartment for one night. We were very discreet, parked in the back of the lot out of the way, and only slept in the van with no lights or generator. Even with that, Boca is not a very friendly place. The police visited us, asked tons of questions, sat and watched the van for most of the night, although they didn't ticket us. The scenery is beautiful, we enjoyed visiting our daughter, but would not want to live there. Money does weird things to people. We'll take the west coast of Florida any day.