Campgrounds In Wyoming

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by njengel, Aug 5, 2012.

1. njengel

njengel
    Expand Collapse

We will be traveling between Sheridan, WY and Longmont, CO in a couple weeks. We have stayed in Cheyenne a couple times, but we are wondering if we are missing a better RV park for an overnight. Any suggestions>

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Most reviewers on this site have good things to say about the KOA in Douglas, WY. It is about 50 miles east of Casper on I25 and approximately halfway between Sheridan and Longmont.

3. Alessandro

Alessandro
    Expand Collapse

The KOA, Cody is an OK campground. Free shuttle round trip to the nite rodeo ground. Don't miss this; it's great fun! Visit the Buffalo Bill Museum and take an afternoon and next morning for one entrance fee. Then proceed and head for Yelloestone.

4. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

I was raised outside of Casper and when going back to that area, the Casper KOA is desent. Not much in that area but rolling hills, sage brush, shrub cactus and sand. I would not stay at Fort Casper Campground. Been through there many times and it was never one I could think about staying at. I wish they would build one on Casper Mountain.

BC

5. ColoradoCampers551

ColoradoCampers551
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(njengel @ Aug 5 2012, 05:04 PM) [snapback]30343[/snapback]

We will be traveling between Sheridan, WY and Longmont, CO in a couple weeks. We have stayed in Cheyenne a couple times, but we are wondering if we are missing a better RV park for an overnight. Any suggestions>

If you don't need hook ups Curt Gowdy State Park or Vedauwoo are great choices. THey are just west of Cheyenne.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

QUOTE(TXBobcat @ Sep 12 2012, 11:27 PM) [snapback]31110[/snapback]

I was raised outside of Casper and when going back to that area, the Casper KOA is desent. Not much in that area but rolling hills, sage brush, shrub cactus and sand. I would not stay at Fort Casper Campground. Been through there many times and it was never one I could think about staying at. I wish they would build one on Casper Mountain.

BC

I don't know what you object to but we stayed at Fort Caspar last year for ~10 days and we thought it was fine. It is nothing but a gravel parking lot with hookups, but the KOA didn't look any better. Furthermore, Fort Caspar is much closer to the center of town, restaurants, etc.

7. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

ColoradoCampers551,

You made the mistake a lot of us have made at least once. The original question was posted back in early last August and was for a trip a few weeks later. So, you are giving advice on a trip taken 3 months ago. On this site, it is often important to check the date of the post to which you are replying.

I often wish the folks who ask for suggestions/advice on this forum would let us know what they ended up doing. In this instance, where did njengel stay between Sheridan and Longment on his trip last August?