Campgrouns Around Boise Idaho

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by biggoomba, Oct 10, 2005.

1. biggoomba

biggoomba
    Expand Collapse

I am really interested in the Bruneau Dunes and Three Island Crossing campgrounds. Anyone stayed at either of these parks? The idahoparks.org site also states that Bruneau Dunes is open for camping year round. Anyone camped there in the winter?

Just down the road a ways there is Malad Gorge and Niagra Springs parks. The dont have camp gounds but the web site says there are some prive camp gounds in the area. Anyone have any experience with the private campgounds in the area? Our primary camp routine will be heading out from Boise for 3 day weekends throughout the summer and I am looking for some good places for my family and I to stay. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old who are looking forward to doing some camping. :)

Just moved to Boise last week.

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I would recommend the Ambassador RV Resort in Caldwell, Idaho, just outside of Boise. This is a new resort with huge sites, wide paved streets, all the amenities, and very friendly management. On a 1 to 10 scale, this is a definite 10.

3. milham

milham
    Expand Collapse

My Wife and I visit Three Island Crossing campground often and enjoy it because of the large open grassy areas and they also have a visitor center near the river. All of our kids have left the nest (we do have a yellow lab that took their place) so I can't give you much input on things for the kids to do at the park. We have driven by the campground at Bruneau Dunes and it looks nice from the road but that's about all I know about it. My Wife and I live in Meridian and recently spent a weekend at Copperfield Park in Hells Canyon and will return many more times for three day weekends. Hells Canyon is about a three hour drive from Meridian and when we were there we visited most of the campgrounds in the Canyon and found Copperfield to be the most level with the largest grassy area and family atmosphere.

I just noticed that you posting was in October of 2005, hope I'm not to late to help. Oh, by the way Welcome to Idaho!!!