Complete Lies In A Review

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by zavsgran, Sep 28, 2012.

1. campergal

campergal
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(kcmoedoe @ Sep 29 2012, 06:59 PM) [snapback]31329[/snapback]

While a review-type website would surely be inappropriate, be aware that many businesses keep a database of troublesome customers. Walmart, Home Depot and similar big box stores can and will keep records of returns, and when you have too high a percentage, just cut you off. Many hotel chains keep a database of guests who damage property, and refuse them service. I wouldn't be surprised if someday KOA had a similar database tying all the customer records from the different parks together.

The program we use allows us to make notes on campers and often, if a camper leaves and there is a big mess on their site, I will make a note, or a violation, on their record. That way, the next time they call to book in I have the red flag and can deal with it appropriately at that time.

2. tbax46

tbax46
    Expand Collapse

Like most have said: read other reviews . I also look at what they used to downgrade. If it's just the fact that their puppy got stickers in his coat or something like that, I take it with a grain of salt. If they don't like something that doesn't concern me, I go ahead and use the park. Most time these reviews will be preceeded or followed by other people who loved the place.

3. dodge guy

dodge guy
    Expand Collapse

This is why I think adding a pic or 2 to a review would be great! or maybe be able to link the pic to a gallery here on the site. I think it would be very beneficial.

You have to know how to read between the lines. and I have seen a bunch of questionable reviews that I blow off as a guest/customer that will just never be happy!

4. Alessandro

Alessandro
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Wink @ Sep 28 2012, 03:54 PM) [snapback]31305[/snapback]

I just look at other reviews a person has and the other reviews on the park they are talking about.
    You get one bad one and the rest good you kind of know. :rolleyes:

I think I understand what you mean. The others react that one should read the other posts of a camping, but one should read the posts of the person's other posts. My idea is, that if the other posts are " normal" reactions, this one bad assertion could be true. If this person posts seldom, or has only bad reviews, one should ignore his reviews. So, judge a camping not only on reviews, but judge the review itself, too.