Destintion Parks?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jerry S, Dec 28, 2009.

1. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Feb 12 2010, 11:30 PM) [snapback]20939[/snapback]

If your butt is more than a couple inches off the ground, you ain't camping.

I've slept in hammocks while backpacking before - does that count :D

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Camping, Rving...who cares what its called as long as you enjoy it! :D

Mike

3. rgatijnet

rgatijnet
    Expand Collapse

We spend quite a bit of time on the road and usually cover 20,000 miles per year in the RV. To us a destination park is one where we plan to stay for a few days and enjoy the local attractions. The other parks are more "overnight" parks which are fine to spend the night, but it is just a place to rest before we head out the next morning.
    Many parks that we consider overnight parks could be considered destination parks by other travelers so it really is an individual preference rather than a carved in stone definition.

4. popup

popup
    Expand Collapse

One could break the term "destination" into two distinct types. A "destination campground" being one that is rich in amenities and serves as its own hub of activity and a "destination area campground", this one providing amenities as a home base for campers who will spend most of their time exploring the area attractions, and only a short time at the campground. these are generalizations. I realize some will stay at a destination area campground and use it as a true destination and vice-versa. An example is I would stay at a Kissimmee campground, but my destination is Disney. I may go to a Yogi with the kids and stay there all weekend, as they will keep the kids occupied on site.

5. Krazy Koach

Krazy Koach
    Expand Collapse

We have found a destination park touring around the gulf coast area, Majestic Oaks in Bilioxi. 1st time we stayed for a week, went back a month later for 2 weeks, left our coach there and have travelled back and forth from Canada with our car every 3 weeks, in fact headin back down next week. We love the park, the area and the people, best kept secret! Shhhh