Extended Warranty Questions

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by rangiebob, Dec 17, 2009.

1. rangiebob

rangiebob
    Expand Collapse

Did you get one when you bought your RV?

Did you get another one when your original extended warranty expired? From whom?

Which companies do you recommend to use or to avoid?

We paid for a 3 year extended warranty when we bought our motor home in 2006 because we are living in it full-time and figured we would need it. Sure enough we have used it to replace or repair many things and have never had a problem with the company rejecting any of our claims. It has more than paid for itself.

Our extended warranty expires in March 2010 and I'm looking around for another reliable one, if such a thing exists. I was thinking of going with the Good Same Club warranty, but just read on another forum that it is not as "Good" as they'd like us to think it is; people have said that all of their claims were denied.

I welcome any input, both good and bad.

Thank you.

2. abbygolden

abbygolden
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rangiebob @ Dec 17 2009, 09:05 PM) [snapback]20411[/snapback]

Did you get one when you bought your RV? No, I got one just before my original 12 month warranty expired. It is still in force for another two years.

Did you get another one when your original extended warranty expired? From whom?

Which companies do you recommend to use or to avoid?
    I have used WarrantyExperts and have been very happy with them. You will see a lot of criticism of them and others, but they have been good for me.

We paid for a 3 year extended warranty when we bought our motor home in 2006 because we are living in it full-time and figured we would need it. Sure enough we have used it to replace or repair many things and have never had a problem with the company rejecting any of our claims. It has more than paid for itself.

Our extended warranty expires in March 2010 and I'm looking around for another reliable one, if such a thing exists. I was thinking of going with the Good Same Club warranty, but just read on another forum that it is not as "Good" as they'd like us to think it is; people have said that all of their claims were denied.

I welcome any input, both good and bad.

Thank you.