Golden Age Passport And Golden Age Acess

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by nedmtnman, Dec 4, 2009.

1. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Come to think of it a few years ago a park gate attendant told us that the Park Service was going to end the passport for seniors but still honor the ones out there.

2. kcmoedoe

kcmoedoe
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(oregonfisherman @ Dec 22 2009, 01:45 PM) [snapback]20443[/snapback]

Hi,
    I understand what you are saying but when we bought it clearly stated A LIFETIME PASS at a 50% discount for the designated Federal lands. That should mean something. Doesn't seem fair that they can decide to change the conditions for passes they have already sold. That would be pretty irresponsible and low to not now honor the commitment....a little like if a bank were allowed to change the agreed upon interest rate on a contract because they now need more money. They may have to do what they need for future contracts but I think they are obligated to honor the ones already issued even though my kids were also born a couple years too late for the pass too. :rolleyes:

That lifetime pass was for admission to those facilities, not for the use against any fees charged by a concessionaire. You wouldn't expect your Golden Age pass to get you 50% off meals or T-shirts and campgrounds run by concessionaires is the same issue. As I stated before, any discount given by the government is paid for by other taxpayers.