Hate And Don't Get The New 3 Review Rule!

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by onemantwokids, Aug 7, 2007.

1. onemantwokids

onemantwokids
    Expand Collapse

I have several past reviews that are posted, however, I keep getting a "1 out of 3" error thingy now. I've submitted 2 new reviews and it keeps saying the same thing.

Doesn't make sense since i've already got 2 or 3 reviews that are posted. :huh:

2. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

Don't feel bad, I haven't understood this rule since its inception. It says it's for security purposes to keep camground owners from posting positive reviews about their campgrounds, but I don't see how that is accomplished when the campground owners could just go and post two other reviews of other places and then still post a positive about their's.

I don't get out to do a lot of camping in a year, like so far this season I've only been out once and if I were new and had to wait until I went to two other places, my review may not be posted until next year.

I like coming to this site because I love camping and I may not post a lot of reviews but I love reading the reviews of others and also make a list of those place in the future I'd like to go to and it's fun to read and post in the forums.

3. Tiptoes

Tiptoes
    Expand Collapse

Is that what this message is about?

You have currently reviewed 0 of 3 required unique campgrounds. Your reviews will be placed on hold until you reach this quota.

I just joined and for the life of me have no idea what they are referring to, so I just thought I won't bother to voice my opion even if I have good information to share. I don't like doing this, but I have no idea what this message is referring to.

4. wpr

wpr
    Expand Collapse

Hi Tiptoes,
    Welcome to the crowd. The problem you are referring to is a rule that was put up to prevent campground owners and their friends or employees to boost a campground's rating. It appears that some people do this if their campground has been reviewed unfavorably. This rule simply says you must submit reviews of 3 different campgrounds before your reviews will be published. It's not the best invention and dishonest people will find ways to get around it, but it helps and for me it's not a big thing. So by all means, if you have good info to share, go for it.
    This is only my personal opinion, but I think we do not need 327 basically identical reviews of the same campground (Fort Wilderness comes to mind), a so far unrated campground is far more helpful, or a campground that has only one or two ratings.
    So I hope this rule will not put you off and we will be able to profit from your accumulated knowledge and wisdom.
    Once again, welcome.

5. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Hate, thats a very strong word. Usually when some one uses that strong of language they are negative reviews. It is very busy this time of year and even the folks that recheck the reviews are traveling. Please try to be a little patient. After all it is a free service.

6. Bob & Phyllis

Bob & Phyllis
    Expand Collapse

This is a dumb rule and should be revoked.

7. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Bob & Phyllis Welcome to the Forum. This rule that you consider so dumb was brought up by the moderator and hashed over at some lenght before it was envoked. If you would take the time to go back over that thread you might look at it in a different light.

and the meaning of that? :unsure:

8. Sunflyer

Sunflyer
    Expand Collapse

I don't know why folks get so overwrought because they have to accumulate 3 reviews before they get posted? I think it's a reasonable accommodation, especially if it helps to diminish the dishonest campground owners and friends from corrupting the site. It's free for pete's sake and it's saved us numerous headaches for years now. Wouldn't plan a trip without it.

9. Dave-and-Ellen

Dave-and-Ellen
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Sunflyer @ Aug 14 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]7974[/snapback]

I don't know why folks get so overwrought because they have to accumulate 3 reviews before they get posted? I think it's a reasonable accommodation, especially if it helps to diminish the dishonest campground owners and friends from corrupting the site. It's free for pete's sake and it's saved us numerous headaches for years now. Wouldn't plan a trip without it.

...because, after I put a lot of time and effort on two reviews, they seem to have gone to never-never-land. I do not care that it takes three, but save them, please, until I get there! I have submitted two, and will do a third in a few weeks. However, when I submited my 2nd it said thank you for my review...1 of 3. I do want to contribute. That is what makes this site valuable. Especially if I see something wrong in a previous post, like Seven Feathers Canyonville, OR. It has been rebuilt, and the first few reviews no longer apply to the current 10/10/10 park there.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

I do not care that it takes three, but save them, please, until I get there!

They are supposed to stay in waiting, as long as you followed all of the guidelines. After you have submitted a third one, give it a few days. If they still don't show up, then contact the webmaster, you may have inadvertantly made a small error that disqualifies one of them.

11. Dave-and-Ellen

Dave-and-Ellen
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ Aug 16 2007, 03:24 PM) [snapback]7999[/snapback]

I do not care that it takes three, but save them, please, until I get there!

They are supposed to stay in waiting, as long as you followed all of the guidelines. After you have submitted a third one, give it a few days. If they still don't show up, then contact the webmaster, you may have inadvertantly made a small error that disqualifies one of them.

OK, will do.

12. bjma

bjma
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Bob & Phyllis @ Aug 13 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]7948[/snapback]

This is a dumb rule and should be revoked.

Ben, the "size=7" is an incorrect format to set the font size to 7