Just Noticing Park

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Wink, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

Looking at newest RV park reviews and there is a lot of new reviews every day but very few from Florida
    Looks like a lot of people camping but very few in Florida this time of year. :) I guess it is to hot but I see a lot of campers down here.Off a little I think as I am not having to reserve as far out to get a good sight in the state & Federal parks here. ;)

2. joez

joez
    Expand Collapse

If you can stand the heat you can find lots of camping spots in FL this time of year. Except for the obvious summer vacation spots (like Ft. Wilderness) vacancies abound and rates are cheaper. Unfortunately, by the time we return to Fl in October everything is filling fast. I just made reservations for a park near Ft. Lauderdale for the first week in December. Reservations agent told me there was only one spot left after mine. Enjoy your stays in the heat.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We live in Florida and we don't camp much here in the summer. It is hot and I mean hot in a RV. We just got back from a 2 month plus trip to the Rockies. We rarely make reservations except in Jan, Fed, and March and not at all in the last few years due to high fuel prices and recession. When we do camp, we tend to go back to the same places we have stayed before and do not rereview them. We love to boondock, but if we have to run the generator, it cost about 3/4 gallon a hour which can cost more than a cheap campground. This time of year, campgrounds depend on year around folks.

4. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

As for the heat.We were in northern Kentucky last month and it was hotter than it was down here.Just stay close to springs and beach and have a good A/C.
    When we camp I cut off the hot water heaters and turn the A/C up to 85 at home and it all most off sets the camping fees for us with the senior discount if you live in Florida at the state parks.