KOA Pigeon Forge

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by bluedurango, Mar 7, 2004.

1. bluedurango

bluedurango
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone stayed at the KOA in Pigeon Forge. Their website looks really nice, but would like to have "personal experiences". We are looking for a nice campground in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. I'm tired of campgrounds where you are literally parked on top of someone else. I like lots of room in between. We have a dog and would like grassy areas :) Thanks for your help!!

2. ksboynky

ksboynky
    Expand Collapse

It's been a few years since I stayed there in a pop-up, sights are a little close together, but further apart than some of the other campgrounds in the area. The park was clean, conveniently located. They have a hot tub, which is a plus.

3. Oyssey

Oyssey
    Expand Collapse

:) I have been to this KOA several times. It is really convenient to the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. Buses are literally right at your door. The sites are good, some grass, not big, relatively level. Pigeon River runs along the boundary of the RV park. You can walk or take the trolley to almost anywhere. Patriot park is adjacent to the KOA, which has a nice track to walk/run on, ball field, etc. This KOA is somewhat pricey, but that is the bane of location/location.

4. Guest_bluedurango

Guest_bluedurango
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your help! I did some other research on some other campgrounds in the area as well. (All from this site, of course) :)
    I've made reservations at River Plantation in Seiverville. Everyone seemed to give high ratings for this place. When I called, there was only one site available for full hook-ups. (We are going in June). They take reservations 10 months in advance. I guess it was my lucky day! Also they are 1/2 the price as KOA. I'll give an update after our trip. Happy Camping Everyone! :D

5. Marge

Marge
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at the KOA in Pigeon Forge in Oct. 2003. Excellent location and you can take the by pass to get there and avoid much of the horrific traffic jams. Campground spaces are close together but most campgrounds are in that area of Tennessee. On the trolley line. :D