Long Term Camping In Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by camper 261, Jul 15, 2012.

1. camper 261

camper 261
    Expand Collapse

Looking for longterm camping in Colorado Springs. I did a Google search and found a number of campgrounds , was wondering if any one had stay area the Springs area and could recommend one to stay at . Online they all look about the same . I will be working on the north side of the Springs . Thanks for any help.

2. notsofastdave

notsofastdave
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(camper 261 @ Jul 15 2012, 05:30 AM) [snapback]30041[/snapback]

Looking for longterm camping in Colorado Springs. I did a Google search and found a number of campgrounds , was wondering if any one had stay area the Springs area and could recommend one to stay at . Online they all look about the same . I will be working on the north side of the Springs . Thanks for any help.

We are staying at Garden of the Gods RV Park, we come here every year because its very quite and you may be able to make a deal on lone term stay. The fire has hurt their business and many folks bailed on them. We worried about smell but its not a problem, no smell at all. They do have lone term renters here.

3. Frank Rader

Frank Rader
    Expand Collapse

In 2010 we stayed in Falcon, CO at Falcon Meadow Campground east of Colorado Springs. It was a good place to stay. It was easy access to Colorado Springs with very helpful staff and a good camp store. Bathrooms and Laundry were good. We plan to stay there again when we return to the area. We are Tent Trailer.

4. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I've been debating weather to recommend Mountaindale Cabins an RV Resort. The park very nice and the staff is awsome, but its on the south end of Colorado Springs a few miles out of town, and you said you will be working on the north end. I would say its worth the drive each day.

5. katinfoco

katinfoco
    Expand Collapse

toured the Garden of the Gods CG in Colorado Springs....very impressive if you are ok with concrete and rock. If you are in town to view the sights around town, this would be a great place to stay. We also checked out Pikes Peak RV in Manitou Springs. Clean and nice but much smaller than Garden of the Gods. Wish we would have stayed at either of these instead of where we were, I won't mention the name.

6. chardroyston

chardroyston
    Expand Collapse

I have not yet tried camping at colorado springs.:(

7. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Fountain Creek a couple of years ago. Nothing fancy (no pool), tight accomodations and a bit noisy from the highway, but the location is very convenient to everything. Walking distance to Old Colorado Springs and quite near to Manatee Springs and Garden of the Gods. There were quite a few permanents there at the time.

8. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

How cold does it get mid winter at Colorado Springs?

9. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(pianotuna @ Aug 31 2012, 01:31 PM) [snapback]30910[/snapback]

Hi,

How cold does it get mid winter at Colorado Springs?

December/January are the coldest months. Typical temps are highs 40-low 50s, lows around 20, but you will get a week in Dec. And one in Jan. Where it gets -10 for several days and highs don't get above the teens.