Nc Beaches Near Wilmington, Nc.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by BlueRidgeRunner, May 14, 2007.

1. BlueRidgeRunner

BlueRidgeRunner
    Expand Collapse

Hello, My wife and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary and we were going to spend this coming weekend in Myrtle Beach BUT due to Bike Week (traffic) we made the decision to find another spot to hang out at. We are looking for a campground that is close to the beach and has some local entertainment (night club) that is in walking or a short drive from the campground. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your replies. :D

2. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BlueRidgeRunner @ May 14 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]7060[/snapback]

Hello, My wife and I are celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary and we were going to spend this coming weekend in Myrtle Beach BUT due to Bike Week (traffic) we made the decision to find another spot to hang out at. We are looking for a campground that is close to the beach and has some local entertainment (night club) that is in walking or a short drive from the campground. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your replies. :D

we live in wilmington. best place that i can suggest is koa in wilmington. it is about 10 min from the beach. Thats about the only campground that i would stay in. there are a couple near carolina beach but i wouldnt recommend them.
    if you are dry campers with a pop up or small camper you might try carolina beach state park.
    down town wilmington has plenty of night clubs with live entertinment and there are good restaurants all over town. its only about 10 min from the koa also. if yu decide to come, ill try to give you a list of resaurants.
    other than that its the koa. good luck
    boater

3. boater

boater
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(boater @ May 14 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]7063[/snapback]

we live in wilmington. best place that i can suggest is koa in wilmington. it is about 10 min from the beach. Thats about the only campground that i would stay in. there are a couple near carolina beach but i wouldnt recommend them.
    if you are dry campers with a pop up or small camper you might try carolina beach state park. its nice for tents or smalll cmpers . quiet, the spaces are well seperated. there is a dump station, fresh water and a rest room shower. also you can fish in ther cape fear river or snowscut from the shore,
    down town wilmington has plenty of night clubs with live entertinment and there are good restaurants all over town. its only about 10 min from the koa also. if yu decide to come, ill try to give you a list of resaurants.
    boater

forgot to tell you a couple of things yesterday. there is a camp ground at ft fisher military are if you are military or reserve.
    the campground at the state park is only about five minutes from the bech at carolina beach.

4. BlueRidgeRunner

BlueRidgeRunner
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(boater @ May 15 2007, 02:09 PM) [snapback]7066[/snapback]

QUOTE(boater @ May 14 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]7063[/snapback]

if you are dry campers with a pop up or small camper you might try carolina beach state park. its nice for tents or smalll cmpers . quiet, the spaces are well seperated. there is a dump station, fresh water and a rest room shower. also you can fish in ther cape fear river or snowscut from the shore,
    boater

forgot to tell you a couple of things yesterday. there is a camp ground at ft fisher military are if you are military or reserve.
    the campground at the state park is only about five minutes from the bech at carolina beach.

I just made a reservation for a pull threw at KOA. I should be there Friday night about 8pm. Thanks for your help. :D

5. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

Beach at Wilmington is Wrightsville Beach BTW. Some good eating, drinking and bands I'm sure this time of year on ICW and at beach. Bridge Tender on ICW and Oceanic at the beach come to mind.

Emerald Isle, maybe some other time, has nice campground on the beach. Night life in that area probably lacking but good eats. Holiday Trav-l-Park.

Enjoy,

Kate

PS: just happened to think Howard's RV right down the road from KOA. Bet they would love to have you browse around for Anniversary gift. We drove from Raleigh to buy ours there.

K

6. BlueRidgeRunner

BlueRidgeRunner
    Expand Collapse

I have stayed at Holiday and its a little pricy and there is little to do there after dark. Bridge Tender and Oceanic? Are they clubs? I like the outdoor music scene too. B)

7. jmo

jmo
    Expand Collapse

Restaurants with decks outside. Oceanic has pier overlooking ocean, Bridge Tender outside decks too. Been awhile so not sure ... Memorial Day may kick beach music off. Elijahs nice restaurant perhaps weekend music on river in Wilmington. When you get there just ask around for weekend entertainment in clubs.

Enjoy,

Kate

8. sparky

sparky
    Expand Collapse

I personally like the KOA my girlfriend has 2 dogs and they have the absolutely best "dog run" all fenced in--with big divider--i have been there 4 times in the last 5 years--Frances was there great gal---others there are great too. very clean park and they have WiFi.
    rich in Va