New Braunfels, TX

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Cheryl, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I'm looking for a campground close to the Sclitterbahn Waterpark. If anyone has information on the campgrounds in that area, I would appreciate the help. I want to know how close to the waterpark the campgrounds are as well as recommendations on the campgrounds.

2. janmcn

janmcn
    Expand Collapse

We've stayed at River Ranch CG in San Marcos and can recommend it. We didn't go to the waterpark, but lots of folks at the cg did and I believe it was only about 15 minutes away. River Ranch is right on the river for tubing, etc. nice location. It looked like it might be noisy because of being near the freeway, but it's way below the freeway, so it's not bad. The floods in the recent past caused the park to be redone, so all the sites are quite nice. Level, good hookups, etc. It's a small park, so make sure to get reservations..it's usually full. I'm attaching a photo of the park taken from the road above. We liked it and would return.

Attached Files:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks
    Wasn't logged in before.

4. andrews4

andrews4
    Expand Collapse

Hi, If you don't mind driving about 45 min. stay at Guadelupe River State park between Boerne and New Braunfels. You can make reservations through ReserveUSA. It is beautiful, quiet lots of deer and wonderful spring wildflowers. Water & 30 amp. elec, also tent area. You can float and fish in the River. Clean bathrooms and showers. This is where we always stay when we go to Schlitterbahn.
    Have Fun!

Andrews4

5. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but I'm really looking for something very close to Schlitterbahn. We have planned a 3 week trip with numerous stops. And this stopover will be short (couple of days).

6. gammy05

gammy05
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl

We just camped at Hill Country RV Resort (March 2004) at 131 Ruekle Rd in New Braunfels (830) 625-1919. It is very close to the water park & the park is very nice. Ask for the new part & there are very nice pull-thrus. I definitely recommend it.

gammy

7. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse