New to all this !

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Betco, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Betco

Betco
    Expand Collapse

Hi ....bought at camper having never camped before and looking for a seasonal spot in New Hampshire in the Hanover area....within 1/2 hour. Any suggestions on all this would be great"

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Now that you have an RV you have lots of fun adventures ahead of you. I am not familiar with the campgrounds in NH, but some of our members may be able to give you the information you are looking for. Also you can use our site to search for campgrounds in the Hanover area, and then you can use our link to go to the campground's website to get information about seasonal sites.

Betco likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome!

Check out Moose Hillock in warren.

Resort type campground, great for families, loads of amenities. we were there about 15 yrs ago from what I have understood it only has gotten better!

I do know of 2 more in NH that are very nice but they are more than 1/2 hr from Hanover, if you want to expand your search just post back and let me know

Good Luck
    Mike

4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Hi and welcome to the RVPR family. I cannot help with your request but I am confident that many people on here will be able to offer advice and assistance. Don't forget, when you've stayed somewhere, take the opportunity to submit a review. It helps keep the campgrounds and resorts up-to-date in the files and helps others who may also be considering a stay at the same location.

Safe travels.

5. Betco

Betco
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much, Mike. I have heard of moose hillock...a little two theme park for us. We are looking quieter not so glitzy. What other areas are you thinking about? It's just my husband and I and occasional granddaughter with us. Thanks again.

6. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I know of some folks on some other forums who have been to these campgrounds and have heard good things

Ames Brook Campground in Ashland
    Lincoln/Woodstock KOA in Woodstock
    Cold Springs Resort in Weare
    Jacobs Brook Campground in Orford
    Mi-Te-Jo Campground in Milton
    Danforth Bay in Freedom
    Fransted Family Campground Franconia

We have also been to the Lincoln KOA and Danforth Bay both might be more on the resort side but not to the extent of Moose Hillock

Mike

7. Betco

Betco
    Expand Collapse

8. Betco

Betco
    Expand Collapse

Thanks so much I'll check those out!

Joann