Northwest Florida

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by duchessofall, Feb 12, 2008.

1. duchessofall

duchessofall
    Expand Collapse

Hi, all! We would like to find a place in the Northwest part of Florida. Preferably right on or very near the beach. AND we would like it to be a SANDY beach...not rocky, which is what we found in Destin. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have found campgrounds, but it seems they are not RV friendly--more just places to go for the day. Thank you very much!
    :)

2. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed in several places . I real thought the whole Pan handle has sandy beaches. I fact the whole gulg coast is sandy. Were you there just after one of the hurricans?Top Sail State park is a very popular park that is very RV friendly.

3. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Dutchessofall:

I would highly recommend the Emerald Beach RV Park in Navarre, FL. This park, if you make reservations early enough, has sites where your RV literally is right on the white, sandy beach with no rocks and plenty of beach area. Paved sites, full hookups, and in the middle of everything, yet not crowded. Check it out on this website.

4. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We are leaving tomorrow for that area and points west. I will post our results.