Oil,over $106 A Barrel And Climbing!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RL36, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

RL36: It is refreshing to hear someone emphasize that it is not a Republican thing or a Democratic thing. I don't want to politicize this site but I regret to say that I did vote for Bush, not once but twice, a serious error on my part. And, in my humble opinion, it is not the Republican party or the Democratic party that got us into this mess--it was George W. Bush and the collective Congress (Democratics and Republicans) that did it. Unfortunately, if Jesus Christ returned today and ran for the Presidency on the Republican ticket, he could not be elected, and that is unfortunate. But we need to stop looking at the problem as Republican or Democratic and look at it as an AMERICAN problem. It's going to take a strong, strong leader, and a strong, strong Congress, to kick butt and take names and turn this country around. What scares me is I don't see any strong leadership anywhere--in the parties or in the Congress. I guess this makes me disloyal, but it is the way I feel.

2. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(RL36 @ Mar 10 2008, 12:12 PM) [snapback]10655[/snapback]

Look, to me it's not a republican thing or a democratic thing it need's to be about doing the "RIGHT" thing. As the president you want to go out beat your chest like your all high and mighty and holyer than thou,threaten other country's cost us $12 billion dollars a month lose tons of live's,dont do anything about these peaple losing there homes,jobs,healthcare and so many other issues. Heard on the news today gas will go up 30-40cents in the next 3 weeks,$12 billion a month for this war,1000's of jobs lost last month and our dollar is the weakest it has ever been. Now that sounds "UNAMERICAN" to me! I was watching the news this morning and one of bush's ex cabinet person Andy Card came on and had the nerve to say that the only peaple that are hurting are the peaple living in the coastal cities but middle america is doing just fine."I ABOUT FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR" thats the arigant's (or how ever you spell it,sorry) that these idiot's have. I honestly think that they got us in such a deep hole they know deep down inside they can'not get us out. So now he can't wait to get to crawford,tx so he can kick his feet up,sit back and watch the next president come in with there work cut out for them and try and bring us back as "PROUD AMERICANS" :)

As with many others here, I too spent part of my life in the military and take great exception to those who call one disloyal and Un-America because you speak out on any governmental issue. I too read the newspaper daily and watch the news daily and have to agree with what you say, it's all there for you to observe and digest. The American standard of living is slowly slipping away and has been observed that the standard will decrease this year for the first time in many years. To put a year on it let's say since the close of World War II....1945-46. Do I have the answer...hell no, but I'll be 69 years old in a few months and the future does not look very promising as our economy is going down the tube. We, the public can do little about the situation, but we do have the right of voting. Only a vote, but in total maybe enough to turn this country around....... Anyone has the right to disagree with my views but I have the right to my opinion....... right or wrong..... Sorry to get off the orginal topic and on the soap box.......but

thank you

3. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

It sounds like we need to try something different,maybe someone with a great bussiness background would work for us at a time like this. Becouse what we got surely did not work (GEARGE W).At this point we need,sorry to say it "CHANGE",Im war fatigued,religion fatigued,oil fatigued just strait fatigued of all this crap!!! We dont need someone beating there chest about religion,it just divides everyone,we dont need someone beating there chest about the war,it just divides everyone we don't need someone beating there chest about how there health care is better than there's you get my point. We are the DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA, can we please be "UNITED" and get a leader that will work there heart out for us (man or woman) (black or white) (and it doesn't matter what religion)at this point it does not matter,just bring us back. :)

4. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

The best thing my government can do for me is Leave Me Alone. The government has never benn good at solving problems, and most of the time when they try, they either make the problem worse or create a new problem.

The most effective problem solvers and job providers in the country can be found in our free enterprise system, not the government. The government should not bail out lenders or borrowers or anyone else for the bad decisions that they have made. There are and should be consequences for bad choices and/or decisions. A wise man once said "Without the chance at failure, there is no such thing as success." Equal opportunity does not means equal results.

5. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

More good news! Oil now over $111. Road diesel will go over $4 very soon. Are we at home yet?

6. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Parkview @ Mar 10 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]10664[/snapback]

The best thing my government can do for me is Leave Me Alone.

Amen!

7. jperera

jperera
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Mar 13 2008, 07:51 PM) [snapback]10718[/snapback]

More good news! Oil now over $111. Road diesel will go over $4 very soon. Are we at home yet?

It is now over $4 in No. CA

8. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

$4.77 for a US gallon in Saskatchewan

9. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

As of today, it is $5.46 a gallon (US) in New Zealand. All the dollars in the entire world are flowing to the Arabs, and they'll use it for weapons and attacks on democracies! Let's see now, where is the alternative energy sources the government promised us in the 70s when we had the first oil crisis????

10. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

If I remember correctly, the 1977-1981 president tried for most of his presidency to get altenative fuels going only to to have his successor put an end to any of that anti-oil business foolishness. Did you know that solar panels were installed on the roof of the White House in the late 1970s only to have them immediately removed by the next president.?

I have been waiting to hear somebody mention the comment the president made earlier this week when asked about the projected $4/gal. gas. Give or take a words, he replied "$4, I hadn't heard that". Just today or yesterday, he proclaimed that he believed that the economy was not that bad. I guess that's true if you don't have to buy (or worry about paying for) food, medicine, gas, pay a mortgage or rent, etc.

For the poster who suggested that we need businessmen as leaders: The two guys who agruably had the most influence in the current administration were both very successfull businessmen. Rumsfeld made millions and Cheney billions in the private sector. Do you really want to put our economic future in the hands of men who, historically, often put personal and corporate enrichment above people?

Just one more thing for now. Wasn't all that Iraqi oil revenue suppose to pay for the war? Some say it is sitting in, among others, Haliburton's coffers along with the other $100+ billion in taxpayer funded war profits. Gee, If anybody in the administration had any connection to Haliburton, somebody might get suspicious - Big Time.

11. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Jerry:

Who said intelligence isn't heriditary? Do you remember, when the previous President Bush lost the election, the slogan so effectively used against him was, "It's the economy,stupid."

And the oil revenues in Iraq have grown to the point of where they have billions in surplus now. The excuse they give is that they can't distribute the money to help fix up their infrastructure because of all the graft and corruption. Hell, that never stopped a US politician before.

12. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

I truly wish I knew who's fault it really is. Everyone seems to have their own opinion of who's to blame, I just wonder if we will ever know. I do know this, to answer the question of the thread, The cost of fuel here in Ca. has gone over $4 a gallon and that with the high cost of RV parks here we have decided to park our TT until the cost's come down.

As always just my opinion,

13. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(rodman @ Mar 17 2008, 07:20 AM) [snapback]10769[/snapback]

I truly wish I knew who's fault it really is. Everyone seems to have their own opinion of who's to blame, I just wonder if we will ever know. I do know this, to answer the question of the thread, The cost of fuel here in Ca. has gone over $4 a gallon and that with the high cost of RV parks here we have decided to park our TT until the cost's come down.

Rodman: I am truly sorry you have to park it for awhile. Perhaps things will return to some degree of normalcy this summer, and you can take it up again.

14. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Mar 17 2008, 09:41 AM) [snapback]10770[/snapback]

Rodman: I am truly sorry you have to park it for awhile. Perhaps things will return to some degree of normalcy this summer, and you can take it up again.

Last year, there was a "hike" about April, and everyone feared the worst for Memorial Day. But, right before Memorial Day, the prices came down, what a shock! (Normally, there is a hike to gouge the Memorial Day traffic.) I hope the same happens this year.....

JJ

15. rodman

rodman
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Beastdriver @ Mar 17 2008, 09:41 AM) [snapback]10770[/snapback]

Thanks, I appreciate that. I feel bad for those who probably like yourself have to fill a motorhome tank. Mine is around $140 to fill and that's a 3/4 ton truck, I can't imagine what you are having to fork out. Hopefully you can stay parked in a beautiful place for awhile. We will just make 1 or 2 real nice trips this year instead of trying to get out once a month. I guess I'm partly at fault for the high prices as well, you know supply and demand. I do drive a gas HOG by choice. I'm just lucky I have a motorcycle to ride back and forth to work.

16. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

Just come by Petro on I75 in Ft. Myers Fl. Diesel $4.07 cash, $4.14 credit. Thank you Dick Cheney & President Bush. I appreciate all your hard work.

17. RL36

RL36
    Expand Collapse

:( Unfortunatly they have not worked hard for us at all! And I don't think they will be working hard for us in the future. I guess what ever we think or what america thinks does'nt really matter to the president. I just got back from So Cal and "WOW" diesel is $4.10 a gallon! Like I said they don't care. I heard its going higher!!! :(