Oregon Family-friendly On The Lake

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by redtulip, Jan 26, 2011.

1. redtulip

redtulip
    Expand Collapse

We are looking for a clean, well-kept RV campground with a Lodge (for our friends) that is family-friendly for little kids, on a lake with a beach in Oregon.

Does anyone have any ideas?

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

I'm not an expert for Oregon, however we've enjoyed a place that you might wish to research.

Astoria has several parks which cover a nice range of the camping experience. (Fort Stevens is just a magnificent Oregon State Park with tons of stuff to do and explore. No lodge or cabins that I am aware of, but great for day-trips for kids of all ages!)

HOWEVER: Lewis and Clark RV Park is big-rig friendly, located on a cute golf course with little natural waterways. It's located in South Astoria, just a short drive to the Pacific and that amazing Columbia River. The park has an adorable park model decked out like a log cabin for rent. Bedrooms on the second story, laid out much like a mini ski chalet with kitchenette, full bathroom, TV and a deck looking out over the first tee.

The best assest are the owners: Richard and Lynda. Hospitality grounded: these two enjoy being concierge! Read the reviews here to see if it has potential for you all.

Astoria can keep you occupied for months. Maritime Museum is just an amazing experience, trolley rides, all kinds of historical points of interest from Lewis and Clark expeditions to WWI bunkers. Great little restaurants and pubs.

Cheers B)

3. redtulip

redtulip
    Expand Collapse

thank you for your help!Elizabeth

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Feb 16 2011, 07:43 PM) [snapback]25453[/snapback]

I'm not an expert for Oregon, however we've enjoyed a place that you might wish to research.

Astoria has several parks which cover a nice range of the camping experience. (Fort Stevens is just a magnificent Oregon State Park with tons of stuff to do and explore. No lodge or cabins that I am aware of, but great for day-trips for kids of all ages!)

HOWEVER: Lewis and Clark RV Park is big-rig friendly, located on a cute golf course with little natural waterways. It's located in South Astoria, just a short drive to the Pacific and that amazing Columbia River. The park has an adorable park model decked out like a log cabin for rent. Bedrooms on the second story, laid out much like a mini ski chalet with kitchenette, full bathroom, TV and a deck looking out over the first tee.

The best assest are the owners: Richard and Lynda. Hospitality grounded: these two enjoy being concierge! Read the reviews here to see if it has potential for you all.

Astoria can keep you occupied for months. Maritime Museum is just an amazing experience, trolley rides, all kinds of historical points of interest from Lewis and Clark expeditions to WWI bunkers. Great little restaurants and pubs.

Cheers B)

4. SteveE

SteveE
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps it's a bit late for a reply to your posting, but if not, here is my reply.

I assume by "beach", you are refering to an ocean beach. Otherwise there are tons of options by lakes. For camping along the ocean in Oregon, I suggest you look into the Oregon State Parks (http://www.oregonstateparks.org/searchpark.php ). Many have Yurts (no, not a lodge, but that's what your RV is for). The campgronds are almost always excellent and "reasonably priced" off season (besides not crowded). There is one somewhere south of Newport that has a freshwater lake as well.

Good luck and I hope you have (or had) a good time.

Steve