Our Only Mistake This Year

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Road Warrior, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Road Warrior

Road Warrior
    Expand Collapse

We drove north to Oregon to try all of the great Bays and Rivers located on the map.
    After a couple of weeks of motorhoming north we landed at a place called
    NETARTS BAY RV PARK in NETARTS OREGON

This place gives RV Parks a bad name. The restrooms were filthy, toilets running over on the floor into the shower room. What a nightmare. Dogs were running wild through the park.
    While we were sitting under our awning having a drink, a dog off leash charged in and attempted to attack our dog through our screen door on our motorhome. We went to the manager who claimed she didn't know who owned the dog. There was dog poop all over the grounds. This place seems to have a rule posted for everything, but they don't seem to enforce any of them. When we arrived at our site, the fire pit was full of raw garbage and trash from the previous occupant.
    The road that runs in front of this Park must be the local Race Way. You take your life in your hands crossing it to get to the bay. At night the cars roar down the road.
    We needed to purchase propane which the park sold us at $3.00 per gallon claiming it was at their cost. While in town we saw propane listed for $1.99 per gallon at several locations. What a mistake, Cape Lookout State :( Campground is just up the road. That's where we'll camp next time. This place needs new owners or managers. We won't return.

2. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

AS bad as it sounds you still stayed there??????? :unsure: I know that there are "bad" campgrounds out there but If I had been here and saw what you saw I would have left. I wouldn't have attempted to stay in a park like that. Just my opinion.

3. Road Warrior

Road Warrior
    Expand Collapse

We were prepaid at $35.00 per night and they will not give a refund. So we stayed three days but stayed away from the restrooms and kept our dog locked in our motorhome.
    Rest assured we won't make the mistake of going back.

4. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Road Warrior @ Oct 17 2006, 05:56 PM) [snapback]5267[/snapback]
    We were prepaid at $35.00 per night and they will not give a refund. So we stayed three days but stayed away from the restrooms and kept our dog locked in our motorhome.
    Rest assured we won't make the mistake of going back.

I understand about losing the $$$$ Just kidding Sorry. Atleast we have this site to help others :) Season's coming to close for us in the midwest :( Atleast for me as I'm out of vacation til next year Happy Trails & Hope you dont find any worse than that one was....

5. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Road Warrior,

Nothing spoils a vacation more than a " BAD " campground experience. Been there and done that. Two years ago we had a similar problem with a cg in northern New York, we left after two days of a five day reservation. We, total of six couples, asked for refunds, " NO REFUNDS " was her answer. Upon arrival home I protested the charge made by the cg on my credit card, and refused to pay one red cent, reason; failure to provide advertised services. We now checkout, upon arrival, any unknown to us, campground before we pay for anything. Hope that you had posted a campground review, if you haven't, please do. We, the Rving public, need to be enlighten and made aware of your experience pertaining to this cg. Thank you for sharing your experience.

6. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

That is one very good argument for using a credit card to pay for campgrounds. Luckily we have never had the misfortune to stay at a campground that but it is good to have another way trying to get a refund when the campground is that terrible and in no way comes close to offering the services they advertise. From a lot of the reviews I have read it seems that the worst campgrounds are also the strictest in enforcing the no refund rule.