Review Not Posted

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by AZSwede, Jul 27, 2009.

1. AZSwede

AZSwede
    Expand Collapse

I love this site and have been using it for many years; probably have posted for several dozen rv parks and it is my prime reference when looking for a place.

That being said - I submitted a posting a week ago and it has not appeared. Why?

2. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Lauren,

Please look at next post down " submitting campground reviews". We have more than 500 reviews to check now. All are checked before they will be put on line. Admins are working hard now to clean out the long list.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Because currently there are around 500 reviews that have been submitted. Each one must be checked for accuracy. The admins that do this are working as fast as they can and will eventually get through the bottom of the list. To my knowledge this is the biggest backlog this site has ever seen, and it is just taking a little longer than usual to get reviews posted. I guess people are traveling a lot.

After I wrote the comments above I did skim through the reviews that have been submitted and I did not see one with your username. Are you sure you got the "Thank you " screen at the end? If not then your review was not submitted. If you do not mind mentioning the name of the RV park here I can check further.

PS Looks like John and I were answering at the same time.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the site Lauren! B)
    I too lurked awhile before I began submitting reviews.

At first (good grief its been 10+ years now) we were weekend warriors and boondocking was our game of choice. Kids grew up, careers, homes came and went, and we have evolved to full-timers.
    Traded-up to a laptop and an 'air-card' and have not looked back. :p

Had always kept notes as to places we enjoyed camping. Was a blast to find this site and a no-fuss way for 'reality checks' before picking a site. Site trumps any of my "Trailer Parks" mega-books!
    Don't worry about your reviews. Be as accurate as humanly possible, use your spell-check, and save any rants for the forum, and you'll see yourself in print eventually.

Keep RVing and posting. Always enjoy a good review!
    Cheers!

5. denbroncs

denbroncs
    Expand Collapse

Did I miss something about the 3 review minimum being lifted? I've noticed a number of "suspicious" reviewers with only one or two review submissions. . . .

6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

This is a great site for RV'ers. I know the administrators have a tireless job here and the few campground owners who try to get good reviews for their own campgrounds and bad reviews for their local competitors really muck up the works. I think we have to just accept that things are not going to always perfect. We can help by trying to make our reviews as clear and concise as possible.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Denbroncs,

I questioned this recently also because I was seeing reviews that did not have the message at the bottom that said the reviewer had other reviews. I found out that the reviewer has other reviews but they are still in the queue and have not been checked yet. This makes it look like the person has only done one review. When the other reviews by this reviewer are approved the message at the bottom will appear. This has probably always been the case, but we just never noticed it before because all of the reviews were posted sooner. This huge back log that we have now means the second and third review might not get posted for quite some time.

8. denbroncs

denbroncs
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jul 28 2009, 02:56 PM) [snapback]17811[/snapback]

Denbroncs,

I questioned this recently also because I was seeing reviews that did not have the message at the bottom that said the reviewer had other reviews. I found out that the reviewer has other reviews but they are still in the queue and have not been checked yet. This makes it look like the person has only done one review.

Thanks for clearing that up - that is exactly the message I was referring to.