RV campground

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by nanny&poppop, Aug 6, 2003.

1. nanny&poppop

nanny&poppop
    Expand Collapse

We're looking for a campground in the Fort Myers area and Shady Acres looked good in the brochure. Has anyone seen this or visited there.
    Thanks for any help
    Nanny

2. wamsganz@comcast.net

wamsganz@comcast.net
    Expand Collapse

I stayed at Shady Acres in 2000, and would not be inclined to go back. A lot of full timers, and the sites that I saw were a bit small . Staff was fair as were the bathrooms and showers. It is right off the main highway which might be convenient for you. The Florida State camp grounds in the area are much, much nicer. Vern

3. stevec8400

stevec8400
    Expand Collapse

We stayed a week at Shady Acres in Feb of 2002. Very small sites, nice staff, but electric very poor. Got an SKP discount (15%) but they would not honor Passport. Rates slightly less than other area CGs, because it less desirable.
    Steve

4. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Nanny,

Check out W.P.Franklin COE park on Caloosahatchee River at Tice, Fl. This place is about 10 miles east of Fort Myers and cost $16.00 per night good for 14 days only. Price is $8.00 if you have a golden age park pass. All sites are cement, water, 50 amps on all sites, and a dump station. Park sits on a boat lock and island. Lot of RV people from Fort Myers on weekends. Water all around camp sites, fishing next to your RV. We love the place, also Ortona COE locks are on Hwy. 80 about 6 miles past La Belle, Fl. Same cost and has 50 amps on all sites. You can look up more information on this site. I wrote them up some time ago. You will be happy!

John Tampa, Fl.