Rv - The Movie

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Cheryl, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Anybody planning on see RV this weekend? It is hitting the theaters this Saturday.

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl - we are going on Saturday. The orhthodontist gave me 2 movie passes when he took the braces off my teeth last month and we are going to use them then. Are you going to see it?

3. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Definitely, I just don't know if it will be this weekend or not.

4. Allen Gayken

Allen Gayken
    Expand Collapse

We plan to see it as soon as it hits our area.... there is only one small theatre in Leavenworth so it might be a few weeks. We like Robin Williams and of course RV-ing so are looking forward to it.
    :D
    Allen G.

5. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

It;s probably been at least 2 years since we went to the movies - hubby doesn't like going, so we always wait until it comes out on DVD. But this one, he is willing to sit thru. Hope it is as funny as it looks.

6. kw5kw

kw5kw
    Expand Collapse

The wife and I are planning on going to see it also.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Looks like this weekend is a definite no. The weather people are calling for sunny skies with temps in low 70's. No way will hubby go in that beautiful of weather. Maybe the following weekend - looks like rain, for now. I will be waiting for everyone's opinions after they see it! :)

8. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

After reading this mornings ( 4/28) local newspaper, an Associated Press movie reviewer, ( David Germain),did not give the movie a good review. The review gives one the conclusion that the reviewer does not have a clue as to what Rving is all about. Without that knowledge, and experiences, how can a less than favorable review be written. He misses the point that it is a comedy, and would only be understood by those who are Rvers. We will see the movie, review good or bad.

9. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Butch, I think that is what makes the movie appeal to us - we have probably experienced some of the things we will be seeing in the movie. I was thinking about that the other day when I said we were going to see it and a friend said she thought it looked kinda' dumb. I told her I guess you had to live in the "rv world" to see the humor.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Audiences hit the road with Robin Williams as his family-vacation romp "RV" opened at No. 1 with $16.4 million, while the acclaimed Sept. 11 drama "United 93" debuted with $11.6 million.
    Full story here:
    http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2006043...4643266000.html

Guess Mr. Germain is in the minority.

11. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

This mornings newspaper, 5/1, David Germain, the movie reviewer, had very little to report after the opening of "RV". His only comment was in a sentence as to the amount of monies the movie grossed this last weekend. Boy was he way off base. Good grief.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

We went to see the movie tonight. Well worth the price of admission, even hubby said so. He hates going to the theater - in fact he hates it so much that the last movie he went to see was National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation. Can't wait to get it on DVD. It will be great to watch on those rainy nights every vacation has.

13. BBear

BBear
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl @ May 14 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]4222[/snapback]

We went to see the movie tonight. Well worth the price of admission, even hubby said so. He hates going to the theater - in fact he hates it so much that the last movie he went to see was National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation. Can't wait to get it on DVD. It will be great to watch on those rainy nights every vacation has.

We haven't been to the movies in years, and we went and saw RV and it is definitely well worth the price of admission. Robin Williams and Jeff Daniels were absolutely hillarious and I will definitely get the DVD when it comes out.

On a side note...both RV and the Flight 93 movie opened the same weekend and living within 10 miles of the crash of Flight 93, I thought that's where all the people in my area would be...not so, more people in line for RV than the Flight 93 movie...at least for me, I for a change wanted to have something to laugh at that's why I chose RV...the images of 9/11 and the crash of Flight 93 will always be with me and not something at this time I need to be remembered of...because I've yet to forget.

14. Sverlinde

Sverlinde
    Expand Collapse

LOVED THIS MOVIE!!! I almost cried it was so funny. It got you laughing at the beginning where most comedies do not get you laughing right away. If you haven't seen it you must go! B)

15. Meterman46

Meterman46
    Expand Collapse

Just in case you haven't heard They are avertising RV on DVD and is to be out August 15th!!!

16. aMazin

aMazin
    Expand Collapse

Yep, it comes out tomorrow on dvd. I think we'll pick up a copy. Wasn't the greatest movie but it was funny enough.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Expand Collapse

Just got home from grocery shopping. I picked up a DVD of RV. KOA has a 10% coupon off of up to a 7 day stay - without having to buy their Value Kard. I know, most KOA's are bad, but there are a few nice ones out there.

18. Mr B

Mr B
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(BBear @ May 17 2006, 12:09 PM) [snapback]4240[/snapback]

QUOTE(Cheryl @ May 14 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]4222[/snapback]

We haven't been to the movies in years, and we went and saw RV and it is definitely well worth the price of admission. Robin Williams and Jeff Daniels were absolutely hillarious and I will definitely get the DVD when it comes out.

On a side note...both RV and the Flight 93 movie opened the same weekend and living within 10 miles of the crash of Flight 93, I thought that's where all the people in my area would be...not so, more people in line for RV than the Flight 93 movie...at least for me, I for a change wanted to have something to laugh at that's why I chose RV...the images of 9/11 and the crash of Flight 93 will always be with me and not something at this time I need to be remembered of...because I've yet to forget.

Bought the DVD today , it was out standing , HILARIOUS

19. OldSoldier

OldSoldier
    Expand Collapse

Bought the DVD yesterday, but will put off watching it until our NW coast trip in a week.

ALooking forward to seeing it.

:)

20. COWolfPack

COWolfPack
    Expand Collapse

We saw this movie and just loved it. I loved the Big Rolling Turd. Another great classic RV movie is "The Long, Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.