South Florida Beach Front Camping

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by alfredo, Jul 7, 2013.

1. alfredo

alfredo
    Expand Collapse

Please list any campgrounds that you would recommend that have Beach Front access in South Florida, preferably southwest FL.

Or if you know of any methods or sites that make it easy to find beach front campgrounds please post. When searching for waterfront access on most sites including this one it typically list all campgrounds that have ponds,lakes,and canals and not just beach access.

I currently only know of one campground in SWFL that I would recommend (the red coconut in Fort Myers) , but they are not easy to book do to availability .

Thank you in advance.

2. A.E.Michell

A.E.Michell
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Alfredo @ Jul 7 2013, 12:34 PM) [snapback]34056[/snapback]

Please list any campgrounds that you would recommend that have Beach Front access in South Florida, preferably southwest FL.

Or if you know of any methods or sites that make it easy to find beach front campgrounds please post. When searching for waterfront access on most sites including this one it typically list all campgrounds that have ponds,lakes,and canals and not just beach access.

I currently only know of one campground in SWFL that I would recommend (the red coconut in Fort Myers) , but they are not easy to book do to availability .

Thank you in advance.

3. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

The Red Coconut on Estero Island, is pretty tight as it was designed back before slides, but is right on the beach. These types of campgrounds are very rare as this is far from the most profitable usage for beach front property. As a native of Fort Myers, I can remember the Red Coconut decades ago and am surprised by the fact that it is still there. That beach has been taken over by condos and time shares. I don't know of any others.