Thanksgiving - Campground Near Canton, Ga

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by OhioFamilyTravelers, Sep 16, 2007.

1. OhioFamilyTravelers

OhioFamilyTravelers
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: Hello Everyone,

We are new members to this sight and I need your input. Does anyone know of any campgrounds near Canton, GA. We will be visiting relatives for Thanksgiving and I'm looking for a four to five star rated campground. I need a family and pet friendly park.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
    OhioFamilyTravelers

2. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

I don't know of anything that is rated that high near canton. Most of the campgrounds in that area are COE and are closed. How close to Canton do you need to be? There are a couple in the North GA mountains that are within an hour. Also, Lake Lanier Islands is open and is within a 45 minute drive.

3. OhioFamilyTravelers

OhioFamilyTravelers
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

Sorry it took me awhile to answer you. Still trying to feel my way through.

We would like to be 20 - 45 min. away. What we are looking for is a place that is safe, pet friendly and has all the hook-ups (if possible). It doesn't have to have clean restrooms or things for the kids to do. Just a place to sleep safely.

Any input would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
    OhioFamilyTravelers

4. mastercraft

mastercraft
    Expand Collapse

You can try Trackrock mountain in Blairsville, or the Georgia Mountain Fair in Hiawassee. You could also try Lake Lanier Islands . The scenery is better at the other two. You can also try Red Top Mountain State Park on Lake Alatoona. I would try Red Top since it is the closest to where your destination would be. All GA state parks are nice. I have on visited Red Top, but I have heard it is nice. It propably does not have full hoodups. just water and electricity. The web site is: http://www.gastateparks.org.
    Best of luck!!

5. OhioFamilyTravelers

OhioFamilyTravelers
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

Thank you for giving me some ideas. I love the Georgia mountains and Red Top sounds like somewhere I would be interested in.

Have A Great October!!!!!

Sincerely,
    Ohio Family Travelers

6. hitchup

hitchup
    Expand Collapse

We like to stay in Cumming, GA (see Review under Twin Lakes) when we're in the area to visit our children in Dawsonville or BallGround, GA (same county as Canton). We may go there Thanksgiving week, we're just waiting to see if next job sends us south or west. :unsure: