Thanksgiving Day

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Onemoretrail, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Wishing all American RVers a happy Thanksgiving Day. Get stuffed on turkey and cranberry sauce and be thankful for all the good things in life.

Rollin Ollens, rideandfly and NYDutch like this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

And I'm echoing the same to all as well!

Rollin Ollens and rideandfly like this.
  3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Me, too. :) Gobble Gobble

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We've just demonstrated that it's possible to cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner in our MH. Hoping everyone had as good a day as we did!

5. rideandfly

rideandfly
    Expand Collapse

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rollin Ollens likes this.
  6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We have baked a Turkey in our oven for years. I think the aroma is better than it was in our stick and brick. This year is our first time being in the US for Thanksgiving but we didn't cook. We joined a lot of folks staying in the RV Park for a Pot Luck. What an experience. I just have to say Texans know how to cook!!

I hope everyone had just as an enjoyable TG as we have had. We are going to be hiding away from Black Friday though.

7. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Hope everyone else had a great time. We had TG dinner in Texas yesterday with an aunt, and another TG dinner today with other relatives. Hope I can still fit behind the wheel when we return to Colo this weekend!

Have a good one!

Chris g.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We went to my sisters for Thanksgiving, DW and I are both gluten free so we have limited foods we can eat, but we still ate well.

Today I bought a 18 Lb Turkey, which will be dinner tomorrow and Turkey soup Sunday.

My trailer is now frozen to the ground, and will probably will be to next April .

Mike

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone - We just returned from a great week up in Washington with family over Thanksgiving. Rained every day we were on the road and while there but it didn't have any effect on us whatsoever. Felt good to get the "Beast" back on the road again after a long couple of months parked at the house giving us the evil eye every time we went by it because we let it sit so long. Sounds like everyone enjoyed a great Thanksgiving and there is no doubt that many turkeys were consumed on TG day and then used as fodder for a few sandwiches the next day. We'll stick around over Christmas but will be back on the road in Jan. for a trip south to visit with more family. No turkey then but you can bet that the grill be in good use most of the time as the weather in the San Diego area is usually great grilling weather. Now then, today will be a work day getting the normal over packed stuff out of the coach and back into the house again. Why is it we always seem to take way more stuff that we don't need, or will use, after years of knowing not to..........:rolleyes: Who needs 17 pairs of socks for a week trip? Why me of course...........:D

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

mdcamping likes this.
  10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I think were all a few LBS heavier! :p

Mike