The Heritage In Southern Pines Nc

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Crittercove, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Crittercove

Crittercove
    Expand Collapse

We camped some years ago at The Heritage in Southern Pines, N.C. We just purchased a travel trailer (upgrade from a pop up) and were ready to take our first trip when, sadly, the owner passed away. We learned she had been sick for a while so we have no clue if the campground is still open or not. Does anyone here know?

We have called repeatedly for weeks and get a generic answering machine and no call back. Short of driving all the way there, we aren't sure how to find out if they are still operating?

The woman who ran this campground was very lovely and we are saddened to hear of her passing.

We hope the campground is still open as it was perfect for our camping needs. I sure hope someone here can help.

P.S. I am new to this site, so if I write something in the wrong place, please let me know. I would never break any rules on purpose.

2. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

I spoke with the owner of the Village of Pinehurst RV Park this morning and he advised me that the Heritage is, indeed, closed. Why don't you consider the Village of Pinehurst RV Park. It is just a short distance away from the Heritage and, although I have never stayed there, I understand it is an excellent park. Hope this helps.

3. Crittercove

Crittercove
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for finding that out for me. I am sad to hear it, but not surprised.

I will definitely look into this other campground, thank you. Because of our dogs, our requirements are restrictive. If it was just me and my husband, it wouldn't matter as much, but when you're traveling with killer dogs, you have to be more careful. :rolleyes:

(kidding - they aren't aggressive in any way, just afraid of people due to previous abusive situations.)

Thanks again for the info!

4. Crittercove

Crittercove
    Expand Collapse

I finally got up with the Sadler family and learned the campground is only open to those with self-contained campers since the bathhouse is closed for renovation. They are hoping to reopen for regular business this spring, but they aren't sure.

Anyone who camped at The Heritage that would like to make a donation in Mrs. Sadler's memory can do so to: www.walthour-moss.com

Ask that notification be sent to the family at: 693 Heritage Farm Road, Carthage, NC 28327

5. heritagecampground

heritagecampground
    Expand Collapse

Hello Crittercove,

This is Amy Sadler, daughter of Mrs. Faye Sadler, the owner and operator of The Heritage Campground for many years.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our Mother. We miss her so much.

My brothers and I reopened the Campground this past spring (May 2007), after being closed for about 3 years, and enjoyed a very nice season - even with the drought! The Heritage Campground is fully functional now and it is also a Certified Wildlife Habitat. One of my projects right now is getting our old Bluebird Trail updated with new nestboxes.

We would love to have you as a guest, I hope that you will read this post! Please call or email me anytime. My phone number is 910-783-8810 (cell). My email address is heritagecampground@gmail.com.

Sincerely,
    Amy Sadler
    Manager, The Heritage Campground (near Southern Pines and Pinehurst)