Weather Check

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FosterImposters, Mar 15, 2008.

1. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

It was a wild day for southern california...WIND, (I know...we're BIG weather chickens...) but when it decides to blow out here...explains why there are wind-generators at the I-10 Palm Springs pass. This evening it's raining bucket's full. Can hear the desert soaking this up. :rolleyes:

So: a yard of snow in Ohio, tornados in Atlanta, fires in Texas...give me your best Irish March weekend weather report. B)

2. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Rain, rain, rain in Western WA. Rest of my family lives in Eastern WA and they are getting rain/snow mixture.

JJ

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Nice warm weather here under Blue skies with light wind. What more could you ask for? B)

4. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Mar 16 2008, 07:18 PM) [snapback]10760[/snapback]

Nice warm weather here under Blue skies with light wind. What more could you ask for? B)

PPPPTTTTTHHHHH!!!!!!!!

* + '
    " * .

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Broke a record with 96 degrees on Fri, and almost broke another record on Sat with 91 degrees. That is a little too warm too early. Cooler today, but windier. Suppose to have rain on Monday and Tues. That is always how we start off our spring break week. Then we finish the week in the 70's with sun. How about it, JJ? You gonna spit at my screen, too? :lol: You could always hop in that RV of yours and join us in the good weather.

6. Butch

Butch
    Expand Collapse

Weather report for today, St Paddy's Day, temps 42 hi/27 low, abundant sunshine, winds northwest at 5 to 10 mph. Weather has started to become warmer as the days become longer and the sun higher in the sky. As my 96 year old father in-law says,"six weeks will make a big difference" Our snow is about gone, time for a spring snow storm....... At this time of year we can expect the full gamut of mother nature, one step forward, two back, but the better weather will come, slow but sure...........

Happy St. Patrick Day to one and all.........

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Mar 16 2008, 10:05 PM) [snapback]10764[/snapback]

Broke a record with 96 degrees on Fri, and almost broke another record on Sat with 91 degrees. That is a little too warm too early. Cooler today, but windier. Suppose to have rain on Monday and Tues. That is always how we start off our spring break week. Then we finish the week in the 70's with sun. How about it, JJ? You gonna spit at my screen, too? :lol: You could always hop in that RV of yours and join us in the good weather.

Hey, Texas is like.... a JILLION miles away! By the time I got there, the warm weather might be gone!

I'm in Sequim, WA right now, weather is in 40's. Even my cat, who is NOT a "snuggle kitty" was trying to "snuggle" against me last night...... Sequim is a "side trip" for me (kind of WAAYYYY out of the way....) before I head to Idaho for my Mom's 80th birthday party.

We are having her 80th at this place: http://myidaholodge.com/
    They even have a Fire Lookout Tower you can rent to sleep in. Mom wants the fire tower. I am going to "dry camp" in my RV in the parking lot somewhere, they let you do that.... I just checked the weather for that area of Idaho, rain/snow mix, lows in the 30's and I will be dry camping! Hope I stay warm! :ph34r:

JJ

8. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

JJ...this lodge in Idaho looks so quaint! When are you going? This week's weather report for that part of Idaho, is for rain and highs in the mid-40's, lows mid, to high 20's. Definately 'suggle' weather! Please give your Mom a big 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' from us...ok?
    :lol:

9. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Mar 17 2008, 10:23 AM) [snapback]10773[/snapback]

JJ...this lodge in Idaho looks so quaint! When are you going? This week's weather report for that part of Idaho, is for rain and highs in the mid-40's, lows mid, to high 20's. Definately 'suggle' weather! Please give your Mom a big 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' from us...ok?
    :lol:

Wednesday, I'm headed over to Eastern WA to my sister's house, then this Friday, I will proceed to the Lodge. Those lows in the 20's, and I'm going to dry camp in the parking lot, LORDY! Um..... do furnaces work on 12 volt?

JJ

10. Big Ben

Big Ben
    Expand Collapse

88 today and an east wind about 10 to 20 at Ft. Myers Fl. Oh yes clear and sunny. B)

11. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

We have been in NM for the last 3 days (AZ now) and it has been very cold. Down to 24 las night and I had ice on my water drip on my hose. We are staying at a park where we can run our electric heat because of it. Not used to this cold weather in sunny Florida.

12. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

After a few day's in the 50s last week, I was finally able to see my front lawn completely snow free for the first time in over a month. A storm is supposed to come in tonight and drop 3-7 inches of snow tomorrow. The weekend is only going to be in the 30s (10-15 below normal), so it looks like Chicago will have a white Easter. It will be difficult to see the the Easter Bunny coming - but he will be easy to track.

13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You know the saying about Texas weather: If you don't like it, wait 24 hours and it will be completely different. We did get the rain on Tues. that I mentioned earlier. The only problem was a big wind storm picked up most of New Mexico and West Texas and dropped them on us on Tues. also. It was literally raining red mud! I spent most of today hosing off the decks and lawn furniture, but that was soooo much better than shoveling snow. Sorry Jerry, I just had to rub it in.

14. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I'm at my sis's house in Eastern WA and it snowed last night! Yikes! I have to drive to Idaho to a B&B where we are having my mom's 80th birthday. The place in Idaho has the same weather as here. I will be "extreme boondocking" in the parking lot of the B&B, with lows in the 20's. BRRRRRR..... I anticipate my current tank of gas will suffer in gas mileage due to extreme use of the generator.

JJ