Where Are My Post??

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by witherig, Jul 21, 2010.

1. witherig

witherig
    Expand Collapse

don't see my reviews of the campgrounds we stayed at during our trip to yellowstone. and yes it was more than 3 a total of 8 campgrounds i reviewed.

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Not knowing how long ago you put the reviews in but I put one in Sunday, showed up Tuesday evening...could be you might need to wait little more time.

Mike

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

witherig,

I am sending you a personal message concerning your inquiry. Please watch for it in your rvparkreviews mailbox.

Texasrvers

4. full-timer/TX

full-timer/TX
    Expand Collapse

:unsure: I have the same problem. I think sometimes if you don't rate the park good they do not want to post the review. We stayed at one in Lebanon TN that is so bad but everyone rated it good (maybe that was the owners). I think everyone needs to know the truth. We did take pictures as proof.

5. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(full-timer/TX @ Aug 5 2010, 07:54 AM) [snapback]23313[/snapback]

:unsure: I have the same problem. I think sometimes if you don't rate the park good they do not want to post the review. We stayed at one in Lebanon TN that is so bad but everyone rated it good (maybe that was the owners). I think everyone needs to know the truth. We did take pictures as proof.

Reviews are never rejected based on negative comments.

If you have submitted a review and it has not appeared, there are three possible reasons:

1. It is your first review. The system holds reviews until a reviewer has posted reviews for more than one park.

2. It is in the queue awaiting approval. That can take a minimum of several days, depending on workload. In the summer there are often several hundred reviews awaiting approval.

3. It was rejected. Any time a review is rejected, an email is sent to the reviewer, detailing why is was rejected. That is an automatic component of the review approval system. (BTW, you also receive an email when a review is approved.)

I hope that clarifies the issue.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(full-timer/TX @ Aug 5 2010, 09:54 AM) [snapback]23313[/snapback]

I did some checking and did not find any reviews in our system by your username. Is it possible you used a different name when you submitted the reviews? If you want me to check under a different name you may either post it here or send it to me using the website's personal message function.

I did find two recently rejected reviews by the same username for two different parks in Lebanon, TN. They were rejected because the reviewer did not actually stay at the park. I do not know if these were yours or not, but as Denali pointed out, you should have received a notice about them.

I hope this helps a little more.

7. full-timer/TX

full-timer/TX
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 5 2010, 11:38 AM) [snapback]23318[/snapback]

I did some checking and did not find any reviews in our system by your username. Is it possible you used a different name when you submitted the reviews? If you want me to check under a different name you may either post it here or send it to me using the website's personal message function.

I did find two recently rejected reviews by the same username for two different parks in Lebanon, TN. They were rejected because the reviewer did not actually stay at the park. I do not know if these were yours or not, but as Denali pointed out, you should have received a notice about them.

I hope this helps a little more.

I have not rated any parks in Lebanon, TN but the one we stayed at and I have posted before. My most recent one was in Marion, IL - Marion Campground and RV Park. If someone else has the some username I need to change my username.

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(full-timer/TX @ Aug 7 2010, 10:29 AM) [snapback]23361[/snapback]

I have not rated any parks in Lebanon, TN but the one we stayed at and I have posted before. My most recent one was in Marion, IL - Marion Campground and RV Park. If someone else has the some username I need to change my username.

First the system does not allow duplicate usernames, so no one else has your username.

Now the rest of this is getting even stranger. I have spent quite a while trying to find your reviews and here is all I know:

1. There are no reviews by your username waiting to be approved.

2. There are no reviews by your username that have been deferred recently (this year).

3. There are some reviews for parks in Lebanon, TN, that have been deferred recently but they were not submited by your username.

4. There are no posted reviews by your username. I specifically checked the reviews for Marion Campground and RV Park back through this year, and I could not find one submitted by your username. Do you see your review for this campground posted? If so would you please give me the first 4-5 words that it starts with so that I can check it out further. If you wish to keep this anonymous you may send this info using the site's personal message function.

At this point I have to assume you did not post your reviews using the full-timer/TX name, or is it possible you submitted your reviews to a different website? For whatever reason, I am sorry, but we just don't have them.

TX

9. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

full-timer/TX,

I looking into our data base and you are under member's display name. Under member's log in user name I do not see your name. Do you have two user names?

10. revrnd

revrnd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Denali @ Aug 5 2010, 11:24 AM) [snapback]23314[/snapback]

If you have submitted a review and it has not appeared, there are three possible reasons:

1. It is your first review. The system holds reviews until a reviewer has posted reviews for more than one park.

2. It is in the queue awaiting approval. That can take a minimum of several days, depending on workload. In the summer there are often several hundred reviews awaiting approval.

3. It was rejected. Any time a review is rejected, an email is sent to the reviewer, detailing why is was rejected. That is an automatic component of the review approval system. (BTW, you also receive an email when a review is approved.)

I hope that clarifies the issue.

Denali, thanks for the explanation. I posted 2 reviews this week & was curious as to the interval between review submission & appearance on the website.

11. full-timer/TX

full-timer/TX
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 7 2010, 02:06 PM) [snapback]23365[/snapback]

First the system does not allow duplicate usernames, so no one else has your username.

Now the rest of this is getting even stranger. I have spent quite a while trying to find your reviews and here is all I know:

1. There are no reviews by your username waiting to be approved.

2. There are no reviews by your username that have been deferred recently (this year).

3. There are some reviews for parks in Lebanon, TN, that have been deferred recently but they were not submited by your username.

4. There are no posted reviews by your username. I specifically checked the reviews for Marion Campground and RV Park back through this year, and I could not find one submitted by your username. Do you see your review for this campground posted? If so would you please give me the first 4-5 words that it starts with so that I can check it out further. If you wish to keep this anonymous you may send this info using the site's personal message function.

At this point I have to assume you did not post your reviews using the full-timer/TX name, or is it possible you submitted your reviews to a different website? For whatever reason, I am sorry, but we just don't have them.

TX

The review for Marion started with "this is no campground" also when I tried to post antoher review on Lebanon it told me I could not post a review on the same campground for another 90 days ...... so please explain. And no I have not used another name.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(full-timer/TX @ Aug 7 2010, 09:42 PM) [snapback]23371[/snapback]

The review for Marion started with "this is no campground" also when I tried to post antoher review on Lebanon it told me I could not post a review on the same campground for another 90 days ...... so please explain. And no I have not used another name.

Our records show that review was submitted from another username. I can't reveal the whole name but I will tell you that it is a combination of 2 names. One starts with F and another that starts with K. Does that sound like names that you would have used? If not I cannot explain why our system has your review under that username. That user has submitted several other reviews. How many do you think you have done?

Also if you have submitted a review for the Lebanon park and then if you tried to submit another one for the same park within 90 days, the system would not allow you to do so and you would have gotten the message that you mentioned. The fact that you got that message does indicate that you have submitted a review for the Lebanon park, but it is not under the full-timer name so I checked under the other name. There is a review for a Lebanon park waiting for approval from that username, and I have asked for it to be put on line so that you can see if it is your review, but I have a feeling that it is.

So based on what I have found I have to conclude that somehow you have used the second name to submit your reviews. Otherwise I just cannot explain what has happened.

13. revrnd

revrnd
    Expand Collapse

Just curious as to the order in how a person's reviews are verified & posted. I've submitted 3 reviews & the 1st & 3rd have been placed online. The 2nd review for Mew Lake CG in Algonquin has shown up yet.

14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It is my understanding that reviews are put in the approval queue in the order they are received so that the older ones are at the top of the list. When the admins work the reviews the system assigns them the review at the top. So in essence the reviews are worked on in the order they were received. That said there are few reasons why this may not happen. If you read my previous post you can see that because of a problem I requested that a review be posted even though it was not at the top of the list. Things like this arise sometimes, but not frequently.

In your case here's what happened. Your 2 reviews that are posted were submitted for new parks (those for which there was not already a listing our database). We feel new listings should be added as quickly as possible, so periodically one of the admins will go through the list and work all the new parks. Your 3rd review is not for a new park so it still sitting in the approval queue about half way down the 444 review list. So we have it, and we will get to it in time. Sorry it will take a while, but this as an extremely busy time for us.

15. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(full-timer/TX @ Aug 7 2010, 07:42 PM) [snapback]23371[/snapback]

Many folks are unaware the you can be logged on to the campground review section of this site with one ID and logged on these forums with a different ID, at the same time.

Once you log on, you stay logged on until you manually log off.

Try this: Go to the home page (RV Park Reviews) and click the "Submit Review" link. Under the heading "Select Region" you will see a message "please select the state or province for the park you are reviewing and the click on Next" preceeded by the account name under which you are currently logged on.

Does it match "full-timer/TX"? If not, you may have logged on using that other account long ago and simply never logged out of it.

16. revrnd

revrnd
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Aug 8 2010, 02:32 PM) [snapback]23390[/snapback]
    In your case here's what happened. Your 2 reviews that are posted were submitted for new parks (those for which there was not already a listing our database). We feel new listings should be added as quickly as possible, so periodically one of the admins will go through the list and work all the new parks. Your 3rd review is not for a new park so it still sitting in the approval queue about half way down the 444 review list. So we have it, and we will get to it in time. Sorry it will take a while, but this as an extremely busy time for us.

Thanks, that makes sense. Maybe if I wasn't asking dumb questions, you guys would get more reviews checked. ;)

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Not a problem. We just appreciate that you are trying to do things right.

18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(full-timer/TX @ Aug 8 2010, 06:14 PM) [snapback]23404[/snapback]

Thanks ............ that is true - the two names that you found.... now since I am new to this site please tell me how to eliminate one of the names ....

Oh Boy, that is above my paygrade. I will get back to you or someone else will.

19. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I don't think you, personally, can eliminate the second name. I have two user ID's. I signed on a long time ago, did some reviews, forgot about being on here, then came back and signed up under a different name (this one).

JJ

20. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

John Blue has said this will have to go all the way to the webmaster. Since he is very busy I'm not sure when he will get around to fixing it. In the meantime I guess you can just keep sending in the reviews under the other name. At least now you know what the problem was.