Where Can We Stay In Ca?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Aguilar, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Aguilar

Aguilar
    Expand Collapse

My husband just got a '93 pace arrow at a great price but now we don't know where to go :eek: . We tried looking at a few RV campsites and found they require a membership. I found one in Lytle Creek that doesn't but they have a maximum RV length of 25' (my suburban is 25' long;

2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome aboard Aguilar and family!
    Was transplanted to Southern California many years ago, and camped just about everywhere. Although the Jeep and tent didn't have those pesky length restrictions...ha!

Have you checked out the Anza Borrego Desert State Park? It has a nice cross section of dry camping, RV Parks to RV Resorts scattered about. All depends upon your power needs.

Then there is Calico Ghost Town just outside Barstow. Our kids, and grandkids have all enjoyed this one.

And don't get too worried. Not EVERYTHING at the Colorado River needs a membership. We've vegged out at various Blythe campgrounds a couple times, just fishing and birdwatching.

Recommend you pick up the latest edition of Trailer Life RV Parks and Campgrounds Directory. It's far from perfect, but a great starting point. THEN you can triangulate with this website for real people feedback.
    B)

3. GoldenGirl

GoldenGirl
    Expand Collapse

You might want to look into Dos Picos County Park Campground in Ramona. We used to live out there and went there twice. It has a fantastic playground for the kids, a pond where you can feed the ducks, and some great ranger programs for the kids. It's near the town of Julian which is a big tourist draw.

4. joetraff

joetraff
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(GoldenGirl @ Jul 22 2010, 10:00 PM) [snapback]23132[/snapback]

You might want to look into Dos Picos County Park Campground in Ramona. We used to live out there and went there twice. It has a fantastic playground for the kids, a pond where you can feed the ducks, and some great ranger programs for the kids. It's near the town of Julian which is a big tourist draw.

Well said.
    I love that park. :D

5. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

6. califnative

califnative
    Expand Collapse

Might be farther than what you are looking for, I'm in Los Angeles, but my favorite two places to camp in California are Serrano in Big Bear and Sequoia RV Ranch at the gateway to the Sequoia's. Sequoia RV Ranch is on the Kaweah River, if you go, try and get a riverfront site, you won't be dissappointed!