Winterizing Your RV

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by SM1retired, Oct 26, 2005.

1. SM1retired

SM1retired
    Expand Collapse

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I forwarded the website address on to hubby as he gets to do all that fun stuff.

3. Blackhawk19

Blackhawk19
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but I hope I don't need it :unsure:

4. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Your timing is great - we are expecting frost tonight, so the hubby booked us in to get winterized.

Ditto Cheryl's comment - perhaps my husband will take a look at it and decide to do it himself, it doesn't look terribly difficult!

Thanks for passing along the info.

5. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

campingirl, hubby said it isn't too hard. It usually takes him a couple of hours to get it all done. He did it a month ago. Just wish he would get around to blowing out the sprinkler system lines here at home. We went from having snow back up to the 70's so he hasn't done it yet and I am afraid we are going to get caught with not having it done. I still need to go back over to the RV storage facility because I didn't have any moth stuff to put in it when he winterized it so I had to get some later. I always lay Bounce fabric softener sheets on the upholstery and on the striped down bed.

6. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

One of the best ways to winterizing your RV is to stay south of I-10 and hold off to springs comes around again. Life is tough in south FL.

7. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Oh, if only I could follow your winterizing instructions John. But alas, some of us are doomed to live the winter months in snow up to our butts and freezing cold temps...

8. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

We also like to see snow (on CNN). We love to tour Denver in the warm weather months. Down to freezing here this morning at 60. We need to move down to Key West. On the 9th we travel to Argentina & Brazil and that will help warm me up a lot.

9. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, I gotta' tell you - your life is just so tough. How do you ever survive it??? I just keep hanging on to the thought that in 4 yrs. when hubby turns 50, he may retire and then we can do that too. Not having a good day - our youngest (my baby) moved out yesterday and mom's not handling it well. Guess we are officially empty-nester's now and it sucks!!!

10. Blackhawk19

Blackhawk19
    Expand Collapse

John
    I like your idea. I am only about 90 miles north of I-10 and very seldom do
    we get a hard freeze. I do try to camp south of I-10 this time of year :D

11. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl,

How did you get her or him out of the house? I will be more than happy to send you a 29 year old kid to take the place of one you lost. That will fix two problems at same time. I will also pay the shipping cost to Denver. Will that make you happy? Now get out of the house and go have some fun in life!

Dave,

Troy is not far north of I-10 but it pays to move south in cold weather or any thing less than 60. You will not need the pink stuff in water lines. I open bay door and open three valves to drain all water off in short time, end of problem.

12. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

John, sorry, but I don't think that will fix my problem. He is 23 so I know it is time he moved, but he was in college and then working on his masters so he just stayed here and mom liked it that way. My husband thinks this is going to be wonderful and we can be a couple again instead of concentrating on being mom and dad but I think it is going to take some adjusting. He came by today to pick up his motorcycle and I told him I didn't think he was eating right - he looks thinner than yesterday!!! Hope you survived all the hurricanes and storms with no damage. Passed your "winterizing" tip on to hubby - he too wishes we could follow that plan.

13. bluephantom46

bluephantom46
    Expand Collapse

:) As another newbie I was happy to see your post. We are so new we haven't picked up our Class C yet. We will get it next month. :p It is used, but my husband and our oldest son say it is in good shape. Thank you for putting in this one.