Devils Tower Wyoming

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by WOOLFY, Aug 24, 2008.

1. WOOLFY

WOOLFY
    Expand Collapse

My wife and I are thinking of going to Devils Tower Wyoming end of Sept. beginning of Oct. Has anyone been there that time of year and if so what could the weather be like during the time period? We were planning on going end of Aug. but this year was crazy for scheduling. Any help would be appreciated.

2. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi WOOLFY,

If you surf to:

http://www.wunderground.com/

you can enter the town/city you are looking at then scroll down to where it says "history & almanac" you can select the date and year to see how things were. Once at the history one can select a week, or a month to get some idea of what happened a year ago--and make a guess as to this year.

The average temperature for the week of Sept 30, 2007 was between 40F and 69F; the low was 32F and the high for the week was 80F. There was no snow that week, but there was 1/2 inch of rain. These figures are for Gillette, WY.

I'd plan on warm clothing I think! Fill up your propane and have a great trip!

QUOTE(WOOLFY @ Aug 24 2008, 07:39 PM) [snapback]12895[/snapback]

My wife and I are thinking of going to Devils Tower Wyoming end of Sept. beginning of Oct. Has anyone been there that time of year and if so what could the weather be like during the time period? We were planning on going end of Aug. but this year was crazy for scheduling. Any help would be appreciated.

3. RV Camper1

RV Camper1
    Expand Collapse

As an 18 year Wyoming resident, I have been to Devil's Tower as several different times of the year and while there could be snow there, it isn't likely to be. That part of the state is not very high in altitude as compared to the majority of the state. The altitude of Sundance, the nearest significant town is 4750' which is to the low side for Wyoming. Rainfall in the area averages 9" while snowfall averages 77" per year. Average January temperatures hold near 20°F while July's temps will average around 72°F.