"Family Friendly" RV parks/resorts across USA?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by tiniree, Jun 20, 2005.

1. tiniree

tiniree
    Expand Collapse

I am wondering if anyone has a reference, either online or printed that gives reviews/talks about "family friendly" rv parks & resorts across the US (other than KOA)?

My husband and I have discovered (after last weeks "rustic" camping in our popup) that we just aren't "into" this type of camping anymore. We are going to purchase a full size TT for next season and would love a reference that has information on RV parks/resorts across the USA that welcomes families.

tiniree

2. montana

montana
    Expand Collapse

Just type rv parks into your favorite search engine. You'll probably get about a week's worth of reading. :D

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

timiree,

Did you look at this site? On front page from pull down or click on state you wish to visit, them click on town or city. Read the information on sites you wish to visit. You will see that count is now 8842 parks and moving up each day. All sites are rated by RV people who have been to that park. All parks that we have been to are "family friendly". Have a great time on the road!

4. TentingTimesTwo

TentingTimesTwo
    Expand Collapse

In our experience, Yogi Bear's Jellystone Parks are terrific for families, particularly those having young children: facilities are clean, and on-site recreational offerings and planned activities are abundant. Click on http://www.campjellystone.com/

5. J59T

J59T
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree with Larry, my husband and I (who are grandparents) have to travel because of his job without any of the kids, are staying right now at a Yogi Bears Jellystone Park in Nashville Tennessee.

There are always events for kids, a clean swimming pool, hay rides (without the hay! Thank God!) with Yogi. They have candy bar bingo, this is where you bring 3 candy bars and donate them to the game and play to win your candy bars back!
    There are playgrounds, basketball hoops, horseshoes, swings available.

I know your family would have a great time. :D

6. TentingTimesTwo

TentingTimesTwo
    Expand Collapse

Frommer's Best RV & Tent Campgrounds in the USA -- a generally excellent source for campground reviews and information -- includes a specific, state-by-state listing of their top picks in the "family-oriented campground" category.