Good Sam Club - Travel Books Any good?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FirstFrontier, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Galli

Galli
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(FirstFrontier @ Feb 12 2006, 10:01 AM)
    Just wondering as a Newbie, first trip wil be in March in our new Jaco Jay Flight 20BH is the Good Sam Club worth joining? Also see that many Travel Books are in the market place. What is a good one, with Atlas, RV Camp sites for the US etc.

Thanks for your help, see you on the road.

Mike
    [snapback]3486[/snapback]

Mike, I am a GOOD SAM member since 6 years with respect to Emergency Road Service and I can guarantee you that I would not stay without it; thanks God I only had two occasions to call them and the service was supreme (honestly, I am not one of them).
    With respect to other features they are offering, well I don't care for those facilities, when I travel and if I am planning to spend more than a week in one spot, I will contact the resourt in advance and discuss the cost and space.
    Good luck for your coming into the RVers family

2. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

As the other Cheryl said, I was away on vacation and missed all those "stove" remarks. In fact, I just now saw them and yes, I did take them all as good-natured teasing. Life is too short to not try and see the humor in most situations!!! You guys are nuts!!!

3. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Browzin @ Apr 19 2006, 07:30 PM)
    Cheryl Fuller
    Why don't you post a picture of the "STOVE"  that you love so much...
    Sorry (Butch) made me do it with his last post. LOL
    [snapback]3959[/snapback]

Hey Browzin, this one is for you...

Attached Files:

4. Browzin

Browzin
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl Fuller
    I'm glad that you took all of our comments about your stove with the humor that everyone intended.

5. Janjanjan68

Janjanjan68
    Expand Collapse

We actually use our convection oven/microwave. I knew I'd use the microwave, but am surprised how much I like the convection oven. I particularly like it for heating a loaf of french bread.

6. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Janjanjan68 @ May 12 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]4202[/snapback]
    We actually use our convection oven/microwave. I knew I'd use the microwave, but am surprised how much I like the convection oven. I particularly like it for heating a loaf of french bread.

I have never used a convection oven but we are thinking about getting a new motorhome (upgrading to diesel and 4 slides) and all of them that we have looked at have those instead of a regular oven. I was actually thinking that it would not be as good as the type I am used to. Does it seem to bake things evenly? Do you think it does as good a job as a traditional oven?

7. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl: We have a convection oven on our motorhome and it does about everything a regular over will do, only faster and better. You will like it.

8. Cheryl Fuller

Cheryl Fuller
    Expand Collapse

Beastdriver - thanks. That really is one of the things that has been holding me back - I was afraid that they would not brown and bake and everything else as well as a regular oven. I am not very "technical" so cannot understand how it can be both a microwave and also an oven. I guess in the same way that a washer and dryer can be the same unit in a motorhome!!! Ain't modern technology wonderful???

9. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Cheryl Fuller @ May 13 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]4214[/snapback]

Beastdriver - thanks. That really is one of the things that has been holding me back - I was afraid that they would not brown and bake and everything else as well as a regular oven. I am not very "technical" so cannot understand how it can be both a microwave and also an oven. I guess in the same way that a washer and dryer can be the same unit in a motorhome!!! Ain't modern technology wonderful???

10. Beastdriver

Beastdriver
    Expand Collapse

Cheryl:

It's only a convection oven and a microwave oven as long as you remember to remove the metal racks before you use it as a microwave. If not, it can do some strange things--like this site as is witnessed by the previous quote from you cited by me but with no message!