I Can Full-time With A Wa State Address!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by DXSMac, Dec 23, 2010.

1. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

I'm so excited! (WA State has no income tax!)

I'm camp hosting in Ocean Shores, WA, and guess what, I looked around the city of Ocean Shores and found a whole bunch of "vacant land" properties for sale. And, guess what. The city code allows you to put your RV on your land up to 90 days a year and it doesn't have to be continuous. I got lucky. I found a parcel for sale that already had RV hookups! Water/Electric/Sewer Pretty recent! You are allowed to build on the property, but no timeframe that you "have to" build.

UPS Store in nearby Aberdeen, WA has a mailing service.

So, I got a "physical" address which will satisfy Washington State, and I don't have to be there! But it's a place I can "park" when I'm between camp hosting assignments. Ok, I'll have to pay a small utility bill each month even though I'm not there, but I'm ok with that. And the property tax, oh well, not that much.....

Now I gotta sell a condo, ugh.......

JJ

2. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

You are in a beautiful area. My husband has family there and we loved it when we visited. Good luck on that job!!!!

3. pianotuna

pianotuna
    Expand Collapse

Hi JJ,

That sounds ideal! Congratulations.

4. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to fulltiming JJ!
    Looks a bit wet in your neck of the woods this morning...
    ;)

5. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

It's been wet the entire month! In fact, some of the campsites are flooded. It's been so wet, it shorted out the starter switch on my scooter so I gotta go get that fixed. (My fault, I didn't put the cover on....) But, once I get closed on the property and sell my condo, I don't ever have to be here!

JJ

QUOTE(FosterImposters @ Dec 24 2010, 09:42 AM) [snapback]25146[/snapback]

Welcome to fulltiming JJ!
    Looks a bit wet in your neck of the woods this morning...
    ;)

6. Denali

Denali
    Expand Collapse

That's a beautiful area. In 2008 we spent several months traveling the Washington and Oregon coast looking for a place to park in the summer. Ocean Shores, on the Long Beach peninsula, was the only place we found that you could legally live in your RV outside of an RV park or trailer park. Every other county/city has zoning ordinances against using a recreational vehicle for "habitation".

There is even a Costco down the road in Warrenton, OR.

We almost made an offer on one lot, but that was at the peak of the real estate boom, and we thought the prices were too high for something we would use three months a year. About six months later, a realtor called and told us that the lot we were most interested in was now offered at 50% of the earlier price! By that time, we had made other arrangements for our summers on the coast.

Enjoy!

7. DXSMac

DXSMac
    Expand Collapse

Um..... Ocean PARK is on the Long Beach Peninsula. Ocean SHORES is 100 miles farther up, near Hoquiam. The nearest Costco is 50 miles away in Olympia. But I am aware that properties in Long Beach also allow RV Hookups.

JJ

QUOTE(Denali @ Dec 25 2010, 04:55 PM) [snapback]25159[/snapback]

That's a beautiful area. In 2008 we spent several months traveling the Washington and Oregon coast looking for a place to park in the summer. Ocean Shores, on the Long Beach peninsula, was the only place we found that you could legally live in your RV outside of an RV park or trailer park. Every other county/city has zoning ordinances against using a recreational vehicle for "habitation".

There is even a Costco down the road in Warrenton, OR.

We almost made an offer on one lot, but that was at the peak of the real estate boom, and we thought the prices were too high for something we would use three months a year. About six months later, a realtor called and told us that the lot we were most interested in was now offered at 50% of the earlier price! By that time, we had made other arrangements for our summers on the coast.

Enjoy!