Koa's Near Grand Tetons

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Texasrvers, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I have heard that the KOA Jackson West (near Jackson, WY) has closed, but can anyone tell me if there is another campground in the exact same place by a different name. I know there is a KOA Jackson South (down near Hoback), but that is not the one I'm talking about. It is still there and still a KOA. I'm hoping someone was in this area recently and can tell me if there is (or isn't) a camp at this old KOA site. Thanks for any info.

2. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

:)

i haven't been there for about 10 years, but there was once a nice KOA at Moran Junction about 15 to 20 West of the Tetons with a beautiful view of the Teons at Sunset and Sunrise.
    I mght try to go that way myself this Fall.

Doug

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks, Doug, for your reply. Unfortunately I don't think the KOA that I'm talking about was at Moran Junction which is about 30 mi. north of Jackson. The one I am referring to was actually at Teton Village about 7 mi west and a little north of Jackson. But wherever it is, it is in beautiful country. If you go there this fall I will be envious.

TX

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

TX,

Just yesterday I saw a review for a park that appears to be the former KOA you are refering to. Check the reviews for the Jackson area.

TX,

Me again. I just rechecked - it is listed under Teton Village, WY.

5. gwbischoff

gwbischoff
    Expand Collapse

Surfing the web, so you don't have to:

http://www.srpkoa.com/

Let me know what's up there. This is on our short list of 2009 destinations.

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

gwb,

I sincerely appreciate your efforts. I have seen the website you listed, and it is for the KOA down near Hoback, WY. The one I'm inquiring about is/was in Teton Village nearer Jackson. Again I don't think there is a KOA there anymore. I want to know if there is another cg in its place.

Jerry's reply mentioned a review for a cg named Teton Village/Jackson West Campground. Does anyone know if this cg is at the site of the former KOA. I have tried calling the phone numbers listed and never do get an answer.

I may just have to fire up the old motor home and drive up there to see for myself. Yea, road trip!

Again thanks to everyone for helping.

7. Parkview

Parkview
    Expand Collapse

:D

"I may just have to fire up the old motor home and drive up there to see for myself. Yea, road trip!"

That sounds like the perfect solution to me. The country up there is so beautiful, that it doesn't matter where you wind up staying.

Doug

8. jannie5

jannie5
    Expand Collapse

Just came from the Teton's and if I remember correctly the property you're talking about was sold and soon to become something other than an RV park. If you're looking for a place with hookups there's an RV park in the Northern section of the park, Flagg Ranch that has hookups.
    http://www.flaggranch.com/ Hope this helps. Beautiful country and less crowded!! Saw lots of animals, Porcupines, Moose, Bear, antelope, Buffalo...

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jul 12 2008, 02:41 PM) [snapback]12243[/snapback]

I have heard that the KOA Jackson West (near Jackson, WY) has closed, but can anyone tell me if there is another campground in the exact same place by a different name. I know there is a KOA Jackson South (down near Hoback), but that is not the one I'm talking about. It is still there and still a KOA. I'm hoping someone was in this area recently and can tell me if there is (or isn't) a camp at this old KOA site. Thanks for any info.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for your help, jannie5.

10. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at the old KOA in Moran Junction and never again. It is all dirt sites. They lost their water and did nto have propane to run the showers or the hot water. They have a back section that has bus tours that come in full of kids who yell all night too. I think if they ran this right they could have a must see and must stay place but as it is now I would think twice about going there. But if you are not going to spend any time in the park but out in GTNP then go ahead they have wonderful views the best I have ever seen in a campground.

11. jannie5

jannie5
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Texasrvers @ Jul 12 2008, 02:41 PM) [snapback]12243[/snapback]

Try this, I believe that this was the old KOA (?) now Moose Wilson Road CG

http://www.wyomingtourism.org/planning/sta...&class=2040

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks jannie5. I looked at the website, and this just may be the old KOA. It is certainly located right in the same area. I'll check it out a little more. I really appreciate your help.