Looking For A Campground In New England

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by jebaly, Dec 6, 2012.

1. jebaly

jebaly
    Expand Collapse

We're looking for a campground in New England. My husband would really like to go to Maine, I was hoping for something along the shore line if possible. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

First of all, could you be a little more specific as to what you want/need in a park: full hookups, cable, WIFI, pool, playground, big sites, family/pet friendly, etc. or none of the preceeding? If you don't want any of that stuff, a public, no frills park may be for you. No sense in folks recommending parks that don't meet you wants/needs. Secondly, you are talking about after winter is over, right?

3. jebaly

jebaly
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(Jerry S. @ Dec 7 2012, 12:29 AM) [snapback]32078[/snapback]

First of all, could you be a little more specific as to what you want/need in a park: full hookups, cable, WIFI, pool, playground, big sites, family/pet friendly, etc. or none of the predeeding? If you don't want any of that stuff, a public, no frills park may be for you. No sense in folks recomending parks that don't meet you wants/needs. Secondly, you are talking about after winter is over, right?

Thanks for your helpful reply..We're new to this..Just got our trailer this fall...We would like to go in July, would like full hookups, and have 2 dogs. Just want some peace and quiet with nature after coming back from Disney and Ocean Lakes! Thanks for your help.

4. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

The two places we really liked in Maine last summer were Patton Pond in Ellsworth and Sea View in Eastport. Patton Pond is on a lake and Sea View is on Passamaquoddy Bay (I may have spelled that wrong). You can walk way down the "beach" at Sea View - its very rocky but the view is incomparable. Lots of sightseeing drives from both places. And we REALLY loved Timberland Campground in Shelburne, NH. Nice heated pool. Beautiful walk through the woods down to the Androscoggin River and a fantastic number of places to visit within 1/2 to 2 hours drive.

5. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

jebaly,

Now that you have clarified your request, I'd like to help you with your search but it has been over 6 years since I have RVed and stayed in Maine. Any suggestions I would make may be way out of date. Please use the "Home" section map (click on Maine) of this website to check reviews for RV parks in Maine.