Reviewing Older Visits

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Big Moose, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Big Moose

Big Moose
    Expand Collapse

After using the reviews for years to help in selecting our RV parks, I have finally decided to contribute back to the website. As longtime fulltimers we visit many parks each year, but what I am wondering about is some of the older visits we have had to parks.

Specifically it is when our visit might be months old, but the specific park has as its most recent review, one that is far older. Looking at it from the perspective of someone perusing the reviews, I would rather have something that is from 2008 rather than the one from 2005 or 2006, figuring it is definitely more meaningful.

I don't propose posting anything older than 2008, and then only if it would be the three newest posts. I hope I'm not out of line with this as a first post, and if this has already been discussed, or the process is set up to reject anything that old, I apologize for plowing old ground, but my searching the forum did not turn up anything.

Bob

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It's great that you want to submit your reviews. However, I do not think the system will take reviews dated before 2009. And truthfully anything older than that might not be valid since so many things can change in that 10 month (or longer) time period. I would suggest adding your most current reviews from 2009 and go forward from there. We'll look forward to reading them.

3. John Blue

John Blue
    Expand Collapse

Bob,

I also would love to see your reviews but as TX said we only go back six months in time to input new reviews. You can read reviews from years ago. If campground has a lots of reviews then the old ones will be dropped off. If a campground only has a small number then they will stay in system longer. More reviews is better to me as you can get a good feel for the campground.

Long timers and full timers have a lot more information about campgrounds than people who go camping on weekend in summer months only.

4. DavyD

DavyD
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(John Blue @ Oct 26 2009, 09:31 AM) [snapback]19751[/snapback]

Bob,

I also would love to see your reviews but as TX said we only go back six months in time to input new reviews. You can read reviews from years ago. If campground has a lots of reviews then the old ones will be dropped off. If a campground only has a small number then they will stay in system longer. More reviews is better to me as you can get a good feel for the campground.

Long timers and full timers have a lot more information about campgrounds than people who go camping on weekend in summer months only.

John,

Is their a limit in the system to the total number of reviews for an individual park? Just curious.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm not John, but I'll answer. As far as I know there is no limit as to the total number of reviews that an individual park can have. However, a person cannot review the same park again within 90 days. Also there has been discussion in the past about removing all the reviews that are several years old, but so far that has not been done.

Hope that answers your question.